Thermo Fisher Protein Biology Scientist Job – Apply Online
Job Location: India, Bangalore
About the Company:
About the Team: Protein Biology
The Protein Biology team is involved in large-scale function validation of antibodies, with a deep focus on reagent quality and specificity. The core activities of the team include data processing and mining of protein biology; Western blots with state-of-art tools, high efficiency and high-resolution immuno-fluorescence imaging and immunohistochemistry, and access to tools such as ChIP (Chromatin Immunoprecipitation), gene-silencing to provide advance application tags to our antibody portfolio. The goal of the program is high-quality product validation and the curation of product
information to promote research use.
Role & Responsibilities
Purpose: To perform antibody and target biology validation, using groundbreaking cell and molecular biology methods, and deliver high-quality products. This role requires the candidate to be meticulous in scientific experimental planning and execution. Proficiency in verbal and written communication of results in the workplace is helpful.
- Detailed curation of protein target biology that includes expression, modification, and sub-cellular localization, guided by researching scientific publications and mining data repositories.
- Perform cell and molecular biology methods at a high level of proficiency. Expertise in protein analysis, use of gel-electrophoresis, SDS-PAGE, Cell lysate preparation/western blotting, immunoprecipitations and or other proteomic tools.
- Cellular and tissue imaging by immunofluorescence, immunohistochemistry/tissue processing and/or other biological imaging methods.
- Recording results into data sheets and/or electronic notebooks is a job requirement. Familiarity with the use of spreadsheets, retrieval of data from web/data repositories, MS software, and image processing software is helpful.
- Delivery of high-quality results, attention to detail, and schedules to support program objectives.
Education & Experience levels:
Applicants should have Masters with 3-5+ years’ experience/Ph. D in the area of cell biology, molecular biology, immunology, biotechnology/biochemistry or bioinformatics.
Nature of experience:
Project or work experience and support of the relevant skills (publications, project reports or thesis work).
- Familiar with working in a cell and molecular biology lab, with experience in handling protein expression, protein characterization or immunoassays, and imaging workflows. Practical experience in immunohistochemistry would be an added advantage.
- Data analysis tools- sequence/structure analysis, familiarity with scripting tools, bioinformatics tools for sequence and structural analysis. Proven competence in programming skills with R, PERL, Python and/databases.
- Sound theoretical understanding of protein structure, function, and biology. Should be able to analyze biological pathway data and have a desire to mine data repositories for current information.
- Capable of crafting robust experimental plans and can work with cross-functional teams to perform technical troubleshooting.
- The successful candidate will have clear functional communication at the workplace and will be open to learning and solving new challenges.
Keywords: Protein Biology Scientist, Job Opening, Apply Now, India Jobs, Bangalore, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Life Sciences Research, Antibody Validation, Protein Analysis, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, Immunohistochemistry, Data Analysis, Programming Skills. Thermo Fisher Protein Biology Scientist Job – Apply Online. Please ensure you are subscribed to the Getmicrobiologyjobs Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of the latest industry news. Follow us on social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook