SACON Vacancies for Research Personnel under Projects For Life Sciences, Apply Online
(South India Centre of Wildlife Institute of India)
Moongilpallam, Anaikatty (PO), Coimbatore – 641108, Tamil Nadu. (https://www.sacon.in)
Vacancy for Research Personnel under Projects
Application deadline extended: 29-Jan-2024
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE – 1
Project Title: Preparation of Brief Documents, Health Cards and Wetland Management Plans for select 115 wetlands in the Union Territory of Puducherry (Duration- One Year; Project PI- Dr. Goldin Quadros)
Essential Qualifications: Ph.D. (Botany/ Zoology / Life Sciences / Environmental sciences / Wetlands) with experience of a minimum of Two years in Wetland Studies and documentation. Minimum of 5 publications in peer reviewed/SCI Journals. Excellent proficiency in written and oral English & Tamil languages.
Desirable Qualifications: Experience of field identification of various wetland flora and fauna. Experience in writing management plans. Valid Two/Four wheeler Driving license
Upper Age limit as on 22-Jan-2024: 35 Years
Fellowship: Rs. 47,000 + HRA
Description of Work: The project will involve extensive travel in the Union Territory of Puducherry covering three seasons. The wetlands and their biodiversity will have to be identified and documented as per the wetland rules 2017. In
addition, the study will also involve the assessment of physico-chemical parameters and community interactions. The project team will have to prepare management plans for around 115 wetlands across the Union Territory of Puducherry.
SENIOR RESEARCH FELLOW/JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOW – 1
Essential Qualifications: Postgraduate degree with a minimum of 55% marks in life sciences (Wildlife Biology/Zoology/Conservation Biology/Biodiversity and Conservation/Wildlife Conservation and Action/Biodiversity and Wildlife related subjects). Minimum two years of experience as a Junior Research Fellow or Junior Research Biologist (For SRF).
Desirable Qualifications: Research experience on birds and mammals. Excellent communication skills in English. Proficiency in the Hindi language. Two-wheeler/Four Wheeler Driving License.
Upper Age limit as on 22-Jan-2024: SRF – 32 Yrs & JRF – 28 Years
Fellowship: SRF – Rs 35,000 + HRA. JRF – Rs. 31,000 + HRA
Description of Work: The study is focused on interspecific interactions among primates and birds. The selected candidate is expected to conduct a behavioral study from 06:00 hours to 18:30 hours in select forests of Assam. The candidate needs to be well-versed in behavioral data collection, the use of GIS for habitat use, home range analysis, assist the Principal Investigators in other project activities, and writing periodic reports.
JUNIOR RESEARCH BIOLOGIST – 1
Project Title: Estimation of Rhesus macaque Macaca mulatta population and their social organization in Himachal Pradesh (Duration- One Year; Project PI- Dr. H.N. Kumara)
Essential Qualifications: Postgraduate degree with a minimum of 55% marks in life sciences (Wildlife Biology/Zoology/Conservation Biology/Biodiversity and Conservation/Wildlife Conservation and Action/Biodiversity and Wildlife/Anthropology related subjects)
Desirable Qualifications: Excellent communication skills in English. Proficiency in the Hindi language. Two-wheeler/Four-Wheeler Driving License.
Upper Age limit as on 22-Jan-2024: 28 Years
Fellowship: Rs. 25,000 (Consolidated)
Description of Work: The study is to coordinate the rhesus macaque population assessment and manage the GIS data and assist the Principal Investigator in other project activities and writing reports.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates, who fulfil the required essential qualifications may fill in and submit the online application form available at SACON website. (http://www.sacon.in/careers/) latest by
22-Jan-2024.Application deadline extended : 29-Jan-2024
- The application form should be filled and submitted online along with self-attested scanned PDF copies of all supporting documents and testimonials such as copies of certificates, mark lists and testimonials of essential and desirable qualifications, research experience, date of birth, community, extracurricular activities etc. uploaded (Please do Not send hard copies of application forms or attachments).
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be invited for the interview.
- The final selection will be through an Interview to be conducted for the shortlisted candidates (Exact date, time and mode of interviews will be intimated to the shortlisted candidates by email)
- If selected, all original documents in support of qualifications, age, experience etc. should be produced by the candidate for verification before joining SACON. The hard copies of the filled-in application form along with self-attested true copies of allsupporting documents should also be submitted at the time of joining.
General Terms & Conditions
- Candidates applying for the above positions should possess all the essential qualifications (with originals of supporting documents) as on the date of the application deadline.
- A candidate can apply for a maximum of two advertised positions only. Candidates applying for two positions should submit separate sets of applications and attachments.
- The upper age limit may be relaxed as per applicable Central Government norms (up to 5 years in the case of candidates belonging to scheduled castes/Scheduled Tribes/physically handicapped and female applicants, whereas 3 years in the case of OBC (Non-Creamy Layer candidates)).
- Selected candidates will be provided with hostel accommodation while at SACON as per availability. Other allowances and benefits to the research personnel will be admissible as per the rules.
- Canvassing in any form is liable to rejection of the candidature.
- This advertisement and online application format are available at the Website www.sacon.in
- Incomplete applications and applications submitted after the stipulated timeline will be rejected. Applications not received in the prescribed format and/or without the proofs for stipulated essential qualifications/experience are also liable for rejection.
- Selected candidates will be expected to join IMMEDIATELY as the projects have very tight timelines.
Keywords: SACON, research personnel, life sciences, vacancies, apply online. SACON Vacancies for Research Personnel under Projects For Life Sciences, Apply Online. Please ensure you are subscribed to the Getmicrobiologyjobs Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of the latest industry news. Follow us on social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook