NABI JRF & Project Scientist Recruitment – Bioinformatics Walk-In
Advertisement no. NABI/Admin/5(09)/2022-23/ACAD-13
Walk-In-Interview for temporary positions of Junior Research Fellow and Project Scientist
Project title: Unravelling the molecular roles of Rice Seed-expressed bZIP (RISBZs) Transcription Factors using genome editing approach
Principal Investigator: Dr. Prafull Salvi, Scientist-C
Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
Project title: Unravelling the molecular roles of Rice Seed-expressed bZIP (RISBZs) Transcription Factors using genome editing approach. (GAP-66)
Principal Investigator: Dr. Prafull Salvi, Scientist-C
Post Graduate Degree in Basic Science OR Graduate/Post Graduate Degree in professional course selected through a process described through any one of the following:
- Scholars who are selected through National Eligibility Tests-CSIR-UGC-NET including Lectureship (Assistant Professorship) and GATE
- The selection process through National Level examinations conducted by central government departments and their agencies and institutions such as DST, DBT, DAE, DOS, DRDO, MHRD, ICAR, ICMR, IIT, IISc, IISER etc.
Duration: The appointment will be initially for one year. Further up-gradation will be on the basis of the submission of a progress report and further assessment.
Job Profile: The selected candidate will be involved in a project aimed at comprehending the significance of molecular determinants and associated pathways focusing on enhancing seed vigour and stress tolerance response for crop improvement.
- Strong molecular and cell biology expertise relevant to the current project.
- Prior experience in molecular biology and plant tissue culture.
- Experience in CRISPR/Cas genome editing system.
- Experience in protein-protein interaction (Y2H, Co-IP, etc) will be preferred.
Emoluments: Rs. 31000/- per month plus HRA (As per DST OM No.SR/S9/Z08/2018 dated 30.01.2019)
Age limit: 28 Years (Relaxation is admissible in case of SC/ST/OBC/PD as per GOI Instructions)
- Project: DBT Partnership Centre on Genetic Manipulation of Brassicas – Phase II (GAP-65)
Project: DBT Partnership Centre on Genetic Manipulation of Brassicas – Phase II (GAP-65)
Principle Investigator: Dr. Sivasubramanian R, Scientist D
Duration: Till December 2028
Funding Agency: Department of Biotechnology
Project Summary: The project aims to understand the genomic diversity of host (Brassica juncea) and pathogen (Alternaria brassicae) to maximise yield and oil quality in Indian mustard.
- Doctoral Degree (submitted/awarded) in Science or Master’s Degree in Engineering or Technology from a recognized University or equivalent with at least one-year experience, and two international peer-reviewed first author publications.
- Proven experience in plant pathology and collection of field specimens of pathogens
- Excellent academic record with research experience in area relevant to genomics, molecular biology, and recombinant DNA techniques as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications.
- Knowledge and experience of bioinformatics is a plus
- Relevant research publications in reputed international peer-reviewed journals.
Emoluments: Rs. 56000/- per month plus HRA (As per DST OM No.SR/S9/Z08/2018 dated 30.01.2019)
Age limit: 35 Years (Relaxation is admissible in case of SC/ST/OBC/PD as per GOI Instructions)
Project Investigator: Dr. Sivasubramanian R, Scientist D
Email: [email protected]
Contact no. 0172-5221183
Application Procedure & Other Conditions
- All interested candidates may appear for Walk-In-Interview at National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute located at Knowledge city, Sector-81, Mohali – 140306, Punjab on 06-02-2024 at 09:00 A.M. along with the duly filled application form available on the website www.nabi.res.in.
- Incomplete application forms and applications that are not in proper format may be summarily rejected.
- The applications should be submitted strictly as per the prescribed format that can be downloaded from the NABI website.
- Candidates applying for more than one option can give their preference in the same application by ticking multiple options. No need to submit a separate application form for each option.
- Candidates should ensure that information mentioned in the application form is accurate. Once the application form is submitted no further request regarding any changes/ information in the application form will be considered.
- The duly filled application form must be submitted at the time of registration at NABI from 09:00 AM to 10:00 AM on 06-02-2024.
- The candidates must ascertain their eligibility before applying, as ineligible candidates will not be interviewed.
- All the candidates are requested to appear for a Walk-In interview with an application form, experience certificates, publications, and original degree certificates and transcripts.
- Original mark sheets, certificates, award/fellowship, etc must be accomplished for verification at the time of the interview, and attach one set of attested copies of the documents with the application form.
- No TA/DA will be paid for appearing in the interview.
- Canvassing in any form or bringing influence, political or otherwise, will lead to disqualification of the candidate(s).
- Candidates should strictly adhere to guidelines issued by World Health Organization and Centre Govt/State Govt on Covid-19.
- In case of special circumstances, online interviews may be conducted for candidates upon due request from the candidate(s) well in advance. However, the final decision will be taken by the selection committee to ascertain the special circumstances and allow the candidate (s) for an online interview. The Institute reserves the right to conduct the interview in online/offline mode.
Download the application format here
Keywords: NABI recruitment, JRF recruitment, Project Scientist recruitment, bioinformatics, walk-in interview, National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute, NABI vacancies, government jobs, biotechnology research jobs. NABI JRF & Project Scientist Recruitment – Bioinformatics Walk-In. Please ensure you are subscribed to the Getmicrobiologyjobs Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of the latest industry news. Follow us on social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook