Govt ZSI Bioinformatics Job – Life Sciences Apply Now
Advt. No: 223-215/2024-Tech. (NMHS-LG) Date: 01 February, 2024
Recruitment of Project Positions
Name of the Post: Research Associate-I
No. of Post: 01 (One)
Place of posting: HQ, Kolkata May have to work in high altitude regions of Indian Himalayas
Educational Qualification: PhD in Zoology/Biotechnology/Bioinformatics/any other branch of Life Sciences or Equivalent degree from a UGC recognized University.
Desirable Qualification: At least two research papers in Science Citation Indexed (SCI) Journals. Having hands-on experience in handling NGS data on high-end computer server.
Remuneration: Rs. 47000 per month + eligible HRA
Name of the Post: Junior Research Fellow
No. of Posts: 02 (Two)
HQ, Kolkata May have to work in high altitude regions of Indian Himalayas
Educational Qualification: Master’s degree in Zoology/Environmental Sciences/Chemistry or any other branch of Life Sciences from a recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks.
Desirable Qualification: Research experience field survey experience in high altitude areas, water sampling, DNA extraction, chemical analysis of water and soil samples, knowledge of Computer and basic field data collection. Preferably NET (LS) or GATE qualified.
Remuneration: Rs. 31,000/ + eligible HRA for NET/GATE qualified candidates or Rs. 20,000/ + eligible HRA for other candidates for Year I and II and Rs. 35,000/ + eligible HRA for NET/GATE qualified candidates or Rs. 23,000/ + eligible HRA for other candidates for Year III
Name of the Post: Fieldworker
No. of Posts: 01 (one)
Place of Posting: HQ, Kolkata May have to work in high altitude regions of Indian Himalayas
Educational Qualification: Bachelor degree in Zoology/Environmental Sciences/Chemistry or any other subject of Life Sciences as one of the subjects from a recognized University.
Desirable Qualification: Basic knowledge about handling field surveys water sampling, DNA extraction, chemical analysis of water and soil samples, knowledge of Computer and basic field data collection.
Remuneration: Rs.17,000 + eligible HRA
- Age limit: Upper age limit is 35 years for RA-I and 28 years for JRF and field worker as of the last date of submission of applications. However, the upper age limit may be relaxed as per Government of India rules and regulations.
- The last date of submission of the application form is 20 February 2024.
- The initial appointment of the above posts is for one year and likely to be continued based on the candidate’s performance and funds received.
- Candidates for the interview will be shortlisted based on their qualification and experience.
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed only through e-mail for appearing in the interview.
- No traveling allowance will be paid for appearing for an interview at Kolkata. If needed, the interview may also be conducted virtually through Google Meet or any other suitable platform.
- The Director, Zoological Survey of India reserves the right to select or reject a candidature and cancel the advertisement.
- Candidates shortlisted for the interview are required to register on the day of the interview at Zoological Survey of India, ‘M’ Block, New Alipore, Kolkata-700053. All original documents should be produced at the time of the interview.
- The selected candidate needs to join immediately or at short notice.
- The application form can be downloaded from the Zoological Survey of India website http://zsi.gov.in.
- Incomplete application forms/applications with misrepresented facts will not be considered.
How to Apply:
The application should be made strictly as per the format given below (can be downloaded from the ZSI website www.zsi.gov.in or can be obtained through e-mail [email protected]) with attested copies of testimonials of educational qualifications, research experience, proof of the date of birth etc., along with copies of mark sheets of all examinations and ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the present employer if employed. Hard copies of duly filled application should reach the Director, Zoological Survey of India, M-Block, New Alipore, Kolkata-700053 by Speedpost/Registered Post within 20 February 2024. Short title of the project (NMHS High Altitude Wetland Project) should be mentioned on top of the envelop for easy segregation. Additionally, candidates may also send a soft copy of their application along with all the documents in the prescribed format to [email protected].
Keywords: ZSI, Bioinformatics, Life Sciences, Research Jobs, Government Jobs, Indian Himalayas, Recruitment, Project Positions, NMHS, High-Altitude Wetlands, Conservation, Management Planning. Govt ZSI Bioinformatics Job – Life Sciences Apply Now. Please ensure you are subscribed to the Getmicrobiologyjobs Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of the latest industry news. Follow us on social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook