MARS Food Tech QA, Food Science Job Opening – Apply Online
External Manufacturing Quality Assurance
Job Available In 2 Locations: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Job Title: External Manufacturing Senior Scientist
Segment / Business Unit: Mars Wrigley
Country / Site: GEM
Job Function: R&D (Q&FS)
Supports, coordinated, and lead the execution of the QFS strategic direction of External Manufacturing Quality Assurance (EMQA) for GEM taking into consideration, how to approach the model from a risk-based approach while enabling an accelerated model that is mutual for all parties. Ensures that externally manufactured products, comply with the Mars standards in GEM by coaching, guiding, and supporting the cluster EMQM. The associate will also oversee governance for sourcing standards and ensures Quality is designed in new initiatives.
As the Regional MARS GEM QFS representative at External manufacturers, the Senior scientist is responsible for:
- Design a Risk based approach to use with new Co-manufacturers including assessments to ensure that all Q&FS and legal risks are considered
- Standard owner for the GEM region for sourcing standards with focus on EMQM
- Translating and embedding MARS principles and culture while balancing the acceleration process for the growth portfolio
- Partnering with commercial & supply to drive the performance and continuous improvement of our External manufacturers, with focus on their adherence to MARS Q&FS requirements and best practices to ensure that we protect our brands and corporate reputation.
- Perform all co-manufacturing Q&FS governance and metrics to verify the quality and effectiveness of their quality management systems and compliance to MARS QMP requirements
- Training Mars EMQM cluster associates on various problem-solving tools such as PDCA, 5 whys, IWS to aid root cause analysis as part of post incident reviews for GEM co-manufacturer including the assurance of corrective and preventative actions are implemented within agreed time frames and incident learnings are shared with the wider business
- Leading the COP for GEM to build a technical community of expertise
- Thinking of strategic methods to mutually choose, cooperate and coordinate with co-manufacturers.
In this role, the job holder’s key area of responsibility is ensuring the implementation and maintenance of the Global Quality & Food Safety Standards and Factory Quality Management Process (QMP) and driving a continuous improvement culture . In addition, the jobholder is responsible for ensuring all new product development and technical changes are DESIGNED IN QUALITY or built taking Quality standards from the beginning into account such as QMP processes Into DICE and QuEST.
Education & Professional Qualifications
- Academic education in food science/ technology /Chemical engineering / Industrial Engineering or similar
- FMCG experience in various aspects of the food or pet industry.
Knowledge / Experience Professional Qualification:
- Minimum 5 years experience in a Quality or Food Safety role in food industry or related industries
- Strong relationship builder with good commercial awareness and supplier management skills
- Proven and effective strategic thinker, planner, project management & organizing experience
- Visible passion, behaviour and leadership around Mars first principle – Quality
- HACCP, ISO, and quality & food safety management systems
- Basic Knowledge about micro chemical and physical hazards
- PRIMP or Incident management
- Risk assessment & management
- Good technological knowledge around food processing equipment & engineering
- Knowledge about Lean Six Sigma methods
- Quick learner
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Mars is a family-owned business with more than $35 billion in global sales. We produce some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5, SKITTLES®, BEN’S ORIGINAL® and COCOAVIA®. Alongside our consumer brands, we proudly take care of half of the world’s pets through our nutrition, health and services businesses such as Banfield Pet Hospitals, BluePearl®, Linnaeus, AniCura, VCA and Pet Partners. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire our 130,000 Associates into taking action every day towards creating the world we want tomorrow.
Note to Search Firms/Agencies:
Mars, Incorporated and its subsidiaries and affiliates (Mars) do not compensate search firms for unsolicited assistance unless they have a written search agreement with Mars and the requisition is position-specific. Any resumes, curriculum vitae, and other unsolicited assistance from search firms that do not have a written search agreement or position-specific requisition submitted to any Associate of Mars will be deemed the sole property of Mars and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Mars.