Microbiology & Food Tech Scientist Job Opening at Diversey – Apply Now!
Locations: India – Mumbai
Time Type: Full time
Job Requisition ID: R0012591
The individual in this role will design & develop new products and innovations. They will be responsible for generating ideas, developing products, and obtaining customer approval. The individual demonstrates understanding of the basic principles and applications in their area of expertise. They apply and interpret standard scientific theories, concepts, and techniques, providing creative solutions to project management problems. They can devise solutions to problems within their scope of ability and regularly communicate progress to the manager and project teams.
Key Result Areas:
- Independently manage product innovation and process.
- Lead innovation programs for respective portfolio.
- Support in developing/improving global best practices and implement them proactively in the laboratory.
- Deliver projects within agreed time and budget.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and focus on critical project parameters.
- Compliance of the laboratory with safety regulations.
- Manage technical database.
- Run Stage Gate process of Innovations and project management tools.
- Responsible for all key points of new product introduction such as development, planning, design of experiments, validations, etc.
- Make R&D improvements for the new products to meet customer requirements.
- Conduct independent research and investigations to design and develop a product or process.
- Document product design and performance specifications.
- Develop project plans and schedules for timely completion of projects.
- Feasibility study of diversifying product range and exploring new business opportunities.
- Technical assessment & feasibility, RACI, as well as risk analysis of Innovation projects.
- Develop test procedures and policies for evaluating raw materials, work in process, and finished products.
- Interact & communicate with the Global R&D team and work closely with them.
- Generate ideas/concepts and check their feasibility.
Functional Knowledge / Skills:
General: Wide technical and business knowledge of the industry, self-motivated, creative, customer-focused, result-oriented, presentation skills, drive for results, process management, decision-making, planning & estimating, monitoring & controlling. Chemical know-how, formulation knowledge of specialty/FMCG chemicals, project management skills, R&D tools and techniques, stage gate process, Six Sigma, cost analysis, good conceptual & problem-solving skills essential, cleaning in place.
Specialized: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, result-oriented, ability to lead and drive execution of scientific projects with clear accountability, knowledge of analytical chemistry and cleaning formulation.
- External: Customers, Testing labs, Institutes
- Internal: Marketing, Business heads and Supply chain, Other R&D groups.
- Essential: B.E or B.Tech / M.Tech. / Ph.D.
- Desirable: Microbiology, Chemical Technology, Chemistry, Food Technology, or Equivalent. Six Sigma: Black Belt or Green Belt / Stage gate process / Project Management preferred.
Essential: 2-6 years of experience in chemical, detergent, surfactant / FMCG, specialty Industry, Dairy, Brewery, Beverage, Food Industry.
Desirable: Candidate experienced in handling Global R&D projects are preferred.
Keywords: Microbiology & Food Tech, Scientist, Job Opening, Diversey, Associate Scientist, R&D, Mumbai, Full Time, Innovation, Product Development, Project Management, Safety Regulations, Six Sigma, Chemical Technology, Analytical Chemistry, Communication Skills