Freshers MSc Life Sciences Job – Associate Life Science Role
Job Title: Associate Life Science (Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Microbiology) 0 to 2 years only
Location: Coimbatore, IND
Job requisition id: R-149913
Entry level position; provide initial technical product support to customers by handling inquiries and troubleshooting basic technical product-related issues. Gather information to identify and assess nature of problem. Record incident in a tracking system to maintain log of product issues for escalation and product development teams. Typically refer to transcript or established process in training manuals and guides to recommend solutions. Escalate complex issues to higher-level technical product support specialists or management.
- 0-6 months experience required.
- Minimum of a graduate degree in Chemistry/Life science or an equivalent subject.
- Flexibility to work in Night shifts is a must.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Efficiency in a deadline-driven environment with multiple concurrent assignments
- SAP experience as a user is considered a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good organizational skills
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel and Access
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We recognize the value of diverse workforce and aim to create employment opportunities such that all employees achieve their full potential and work in an environment free of discrimination and harassment. We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, caste, color, religious creed, ethnicity, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by central, national, provincial or local laws.
3rd party non-solicitation policy
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned on and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation
1. How do you troubleshoot basic technical product-related issues for customers?
Answer: In this role, I would start by gathering information from the customer to understand the nature of the problem. I would refer to training manuals and guides to recommend solutions based on established processes. For more complex issues, I would escalate them to higher-level technical product support specialists or management.
2. Can you describe your experience working with SAP as a user?
Answer: While I don’t have direct experience with SAP, I am a fast learner and have experience with various software applications. I am confident that I can quickly adapt to and become proficient in using SAP if required.
3. How do you prioritize and handle multiple concurrent assignments in a deadline-driven environment?
Answer: I believe in effective time management and organization. I would prioritize tasks based on their urgency and importance. I would create a schedule or to-do list to ensure that I meet deadlines. Regularly reviewing my progress and making necessary adjustments would help me handle multiple assignments efficiently.
4. Can you provide an example of a situation where you demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills?
Answer: In my previous role, I encountered a situation where a customer had a technical issue that was not covered in the training manuals. I systematically analyzed the problem, researched possible solutions, and collaborated with colleagues to identify and implement a successful resolution.
5. How would you handle a situation where a customer’s technical issue is beyond your current knowledge or training?
Answer: If I encounter a technical issue that exceeds my current knowledge or training, I would not attempt to provide a solution beyond my expertise. Instead, I would escalate the issue to higher-level technical product support specialists or management who have the necessary experience and knowledge to address the problem effectively.
These responses showcase the candidate’s ability to troubleshoot technical issues, adapt to new software systems, manage multiple tasks, solve problems, and recognize the importance of escalation when necessary.