Biological Sciences Associate at Pfizer
Pfizer is a leading pharmaceutical company that is committed to discovering and developing innovative medicines to improve the lives of patients around the world. With a strong focus on research and development, Pfizer offers exciting career opportunities for individuals with a passion for the biological sciences.
Senior Associate, Principal Statistical Data Scientist
As a Senior Associate, Principal Statistical Data Scientist, you will be responsible for supporting deliverables in the study/project/portfolio/standards team. This role involves performing medium to high complex statistical programming tasks independently with mentorship from Programming Leads within the organization. You will also be involved in co-leading or leading selected projects/initiatives/activities and study deliverables as needed.
Programming and Data Analysis
- Support the development of statistical programming deliverables to support assets and study teams
- Work independently on standards/study programming specific activities, collaborating with stakeholders across different time zones
- Ensure adherence to high-quality programming standards in daily work
- Contribute to the development and improvement of data standards
- Develop, validate, and review datasets, TFL as per CDISC aligned Pfizer Standards or Pfizer Data Standards for Study/Project/Portfolio (Portfolio)
- Explore and modify existing code base as needed
- Ensure appropriate documentation and quality control throughout the study process
- Understand and implement standard/study/project/portfolio requirements
Collaboration and Mentorship
- Collaborate with study teams, clinicians, and statisticians on milestones and deliverables
- Guide and mentor programmers within the team
- Collaborate with SDSL’s on timelines, resource management, and deliverables
Qualifications / Skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Statistics, Computer Sciences, Engineering, Pharmacy, Biological Sciences, IT, or related field
- At least 5-6 years of relevant experience in a pharmaceutical, biotech, CRO, or Regulatory Agency
- Understanding of clinical data and drug development process, CDISC standards required
- Statistical programming and SAS hands-on experience
- Good understanding of ICH and regulatory guidelines
- Working knowledge of clinical data and relevant data standards
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and time and project management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work with limited oversight
Location and Application
Work Location Assignment: Flexible
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
To apply for this position, please click here.