Hershey Research Scientist Job For BSc/MSc Food Science, Biotech
Research Scientist Mandideep
Position – Research Scientist
Location – Mandideep
Job roles & responsibilities –
- Assisting on high complexity initiatives, leading workstreams within larger initiatives, and/or leading low complexity initiatives with support.
- A low to medium level of autonomy is required depending upon the workstream.
Technical Aptitude –
- Learning to demonstrate and apply technical knowledge while developing and sharing technical expertise within functional area and cross functionally within the organization.
- Candidate must be learning problem solving skills & the ability to think critically.
- Assist on phases of projects that are of major importance, complexity, or scope.
- Use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Compile, check and approve product specifications and labelling.
- Select raw materials and other ingredients from suppliers.
- Modify existing products and processes and develop new ones.
- Ensuring project execution and technology transfer. Run trials of new products – either alongside or together with product development.
- Consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Observing, recording, and evaluating experimental data to draw conclusions.
- Preparing project reports and presentations.
Communication Effectiveness –
- Learning to communicate technical subject matter cross functionally and with management.
- Candidate must have learnt to influence cross functional team members and how to build personal networks.
This role will interact and partner with –
- Manufacturing, Operations and Plant Quality Assurance.
- Quality and Regulatory Compliance.
- Technical and professional employees within Global R&D.
- External Vendors.
Summary of major duties –
- New product projects execution.
- Product, process improvements.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Commercial areas to develop new ideas.
- Provide support to QA and Production functions.
- Interaction with Vendors and suppliers – Share information with R&D.
Responsible for coordinating activities necessary to take new and existing products from conceptualization through commercialization working with project constraints of time, target and budget. And other projects related with key international markets.
Deliver R&D plans and strategies in support of company objective.
Skills and abilities required –
- Understanding of principles of food chemistry and ingredients functionality is desirable.
- Value Analysis.
- Scope of work.
- Operations/Manufacturing knowledge.
- Regulatory and standards compliance.
- Technical writing.
- Research methodology.
- Analytical techniques.
- Ingredient supplier-based knowledge.
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Scale-up/plant test process.
- Ability to collaborate across regions, departments, and all levels of the organization.
Education – BSc/MSc in Food Science, Chemistry, and Biotechnology.
Experience – 0-2 years related experience.