Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer
a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us.
BMS Hyderabad is an integrated global hub where our work is focused on helping patients prevail over serious diseases by building sustainable and innovative solutions. This important science, technology, and innovation center will support a range of technology and drug development activities that will help us usher in the next wave of innovation.
Functional Area Description
Support the strategic and tactical planning as well as operational management of biospecimens, which contribute to asset development. Our functional teams ensure timely availability of high quality, accurate, biological specimens; along with managing biospecimen information-driven by end-to-end visibility and best in class logistics.
Associate Biospecimen Planning Lead is an independent contributor who will work closely with an experienced Biospecimen Planning Lead and our Clinical Teams to develop and implement biospecimen management plan for BMS-sponsored Phase 1-4 clinical trials and externally acquired biospecimens.
Members of this team will develop and execute asset and protocol-level biospecimen strategies initially under the guidance of senior colleagues and work across the organization and with BMS’s partners to implement and project manage efforts to execute these strategies. Critical to this role is the ability to provide innovative solutions to oversee timelines for specimen data delivery and thereby, enabling quick decision-making and ensuring BMS’s continuous competitive advantage. The individual will be responsible for supporting biospecimen management for the Full and Late Development assets with opportunities to contribute toward optimizing work streams cross functionally throughout the organization as it relates to biospecimens.
- Work under the direction of an experienced Biospecimen Planning Lead to manage the complete lifecycle of biospecimens collected for Full and Late phase clinical studies.
- Conducts selected tasks to plan and operationalize trials with supervision while developing fundamental skills. Has the potential to support select clinical trials with low complexity.
- Reviews clinical study protocol providing comparison of SOW and biospecimen relevant sections and feedback with support of mentor.
- Seeks guidance as appropriate. May have focused, select skillset (tracking, single vendor management, documentation creation, BOW maintenance).
- Able under direction to create biospecimen tracker using various tracking tools with support.
- Able to request and/or access necessary vendor/system inventory files to perform or support specimen tracking.
- Maintain basic working knowledge of study related biospecimen requirements.
- Support updating individual Study Transition Forms.
- Scientific degree (Associates, Bachelors, Masters, or higher), Project management or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 1 year academic, biotech, healthcare or pharma industry experience.
- Non-degree/Associate Degree/Certificate Program criteria for the right candidate: Advanced technical skill set (e.g. Excel, etc.), Healthcare Experience, on the job training, etc.
- Basic understanding of science.
Key Competency Requirements
- Lab Experience with experience following SOPs.
- Experience working on team projects.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite of tools.
- Ability to adopt a biopharma enterprise-wide and entrepreneurial mindset, to act with a sense of urgency, accountability and integrity, and to have fun along the way.
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace accommodations/adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request a reasonable workplace accommodation/adjustment prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodations/adjustments in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to [email protected]. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS cares about your well-being and the well-being of our staff, customers, patients, and communities. As a result, the Company strongly recommends that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and keep up to date with Covid-19 boosters.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.