BNHS Botany, Zoology & Life Sciences Education Officer Job, Applications Invited
Bombay Natural History Society (BNHS)
The Bombay Natural History Society, India’s premier environmental organization engaged in conservation of nature, research in natural history/wildlife, since 1883, BNHS announces the following vacancy for its Conservation Education Centre (CEC) in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Vacancy: Senior Education Officer
Positions: 1 – On Contractual Basis
Age: 25 to 40 years
Interested candidates can send their application via email with a detailed CV by 28th July 2023 to HR Dept. Bombay Natural History Society, Hornbill Hous
e, Shaheed Bhagat Singh Road, Opp. Lion Gate, Mumbai – 400001 Tel. 22821811. Email: [email protected].
BNHS reserves the right to reject any candidature in view of incomplete information provided by the candidate or for any other reason thereof.
Kindly visit our website www.bnhs.org to know more about us.
- To design and implement projects related to biodiversity in Mumbai.
- Ensure that existing conservation educational modules/projects/correspondence courses catering to various target audiences in Mumbai are undertaken successfully through (nature trails, presentations, workshops, nature camps, courses, etc.)
- Design Conservation education programs for underprivileged students, corporates, professionals, journalists, NGOs, etc., in Mumbai.
- Create new Conservation Education modules, PPTs, themes, assignments, techniques& other educational material.
- Check/verify various registers, statements, advances
- Supervise purchase of consumables/assets as per budget provisions and maintain databases and ensure its safekeeping.
- Use existing resources/tools effectively, develop more where required
- Initiate/encourage holistic/eco-friendly practices in various tasks/activities
- Visit/call/email educational institutes/corporates/Forest Department to promote/present CEC offerings and explore tie-up/collaboration opportunities
- Write concept notes/proposals to corporates/donors to meet various funding requirements through HR/CSR funds
- Interact with forest departments, government departments for official/promotional purposes
Qualifications: Masters in Environmental Science /Life Sciences / Zoology / Botany / or similar qualification. Excellent communication and writing skills are essential. Fluent knowledge of English and Hindi is necessary.
Check the notification below