CCMB Bioinformatics, Life & Biological Sciences, Cell Biology Project Vacancies – Apply Online
CSIR-CENTRE FOR CELLULAR AND MOLECULAR BIOLOGY
HYDERABAD 500007 TELANGANA
Notification Number: 0723/B Date: 17.07.2023
Applications are invited from the eligible Indian National for temporary position(s) on contractual basis as indicated hereunder. Candidates who fulfill the criteria should apply online at www.ccmb.res.in. For any technical problem while submitting the online application, may contact [email protected].
The last date to submit an application online: is 25th July 2023
Name of Post: Project Associate-I
Total Number of positions: 5
Essential Qualification: Master’s Degree in Natural Sciences or bachelor
’s degree in Engineering or Technology or Medicine from a recognized University or equivalent
Upper Age limit (years): 35
- 31,000/-p.m. + HRA to Scholars who are selected through (a) National Eligibility Tests – CSIR-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) or GATE or (b) A selection process through National level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions.
- 25,000/-p.m. + HRA as applicable/admissible for others who do not fall under (i) above
Project Code/ Title: TSP 103/ Technical services – Animal House
Desirable / Job description: Full-time Master’s degree in Science from a recognized University/ Institute in Biology or Pharmacy or Veterinary sciences with minimum 60% marks in aggregate. Breeding and maintenance of laboratory animal colonies; weaning, sexing, tail biopsies for genotyping, producing timed pregnant females, live animal shipments, anaesthesia procedures, euthanasia and other animal facility activities of a similar kind. Health and Genetic monitoring of laboratory animals. Experience in working with Laboratory animals, experience on Breeding/handling of laboratory animals, experience on health monitoring and Genetic monitoring of laboratory animals.
Name of the PI: Dr. Jerald Mahesh Kumar
Duration of the project: August 2024
Post Code/ No. of Positions/ Area – 020723/B -2 Positions – Cell Culture, Microscopy, Small animal handling, molecular Biology Techniques
Project Code/ Title – HCP 41. Discovery and Pre-Clinical Development of Antivirals for COVID-19 and other diseases
Desirable / Job description: Cell based Techniques
Name of the PI: Dr. B Kiran Kumar
Duration of the project: March 2025
Post Code/ No. of Positions/ Area – 030723/B -2 Positions – Biophysics, Structural Biology, Biomolecular NMR, RNA Biology
Project Code/ Title: MLP161 The origin of multiple Dicers and dsRNA Binding proteins in the RNAi Initiation pathway of A. thaliana and D. melanogaster
Desirable / Job description: The selected candidate is expected to perform experiments in Biophysics, Structural Biology, Biomolecular NMR, and RNA Biology. Therefore, prior knowledge in areas like Biophysics, Structural Biology, Biomolecular NMR, and RNA Biology is necessary.
Name of the PI: Dr. Mandar V Deshmukh
Duration of the project: March 2024
Name of Post: Project Associate-II
Total Number of positions: 2
- Master’s Degree in Natural Sciences or bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology or Medicine from a recognized University or equivalent and
- 2 years experience in Research and Development in Industrial and Academic Institutions or science and Technology Organizations and Scientific activities and services
Upper Age limit (years): 35
- 35,000/-p.m. + HRA to Scholars who are selected through (a) National Eligibility Tests – CSIR-UGC NET including lectureship (Assistant Professorship) or GATE or (b) A selection process through National level examinations conducted by Central Government Departments and their Agencies and Institutions.
- 28,000/-p.m. + HRA as applicable/admissible for others who do not fall under (i) above.
Post Code/ No. of Positions/ Area – 040723/B -1 Position – Infectious diseases
Project Code/ Title – MLP2105. CSIR-Multi-centric long term T-Cell Immune Monitoring for Covid-19 (PoV-CoV)
Desirable / Job description – MSc. in biological sciences, two years of research experience, and NET/Lectureship qualification. Candidates must have hands-on experience of cell culture, Plasmodium falciparum culture, recombinant protein expression and purification, ELISA, FACS, and handling of small laboratory animals.
Name of the PI: Dr. Puran Singh Sijwali and Dr. Santosh Kumar
Duration of the project: March 2024
Post Code/ No. of Positions/ Area – 050723/B -1 Position – Structural biology
Project Code/ Title – MLP0138 – An integrated structural biology approach a unique fatty acid activation mechanism in eukaryotes
Desirable / Job description: M.Sc. with 5 years of experience in Biophysics, Biochemistry, Lipidomics, Yeast and Mammalian Cell Culture.
Name of the PI: Dr. Rajan Sankaranarayanan
Duration of the project: March 2025
Name of Post: Post doctoral fellow
Total Number of positions: 1
Essential Qualification: PhD in Genetics/ Lifesciences/ Bioinformatics/ Allied sciences: preferred genetics
Upper Age limit (years): 40
Monthly Emoluments: 58280 (Consolidated)
Post Code/ No. of Positions/ Area – 080723/B -1 Position – Genomics
Project Code & Title – GAP546 Genome India
Desirable / Job description: A demonstrable track record of successful implementation/execution of a project in any of the following fields:
Clinical Genomics, Metagenomics and microbial genomics. Statistical analysis of biological data particularly in the context of Genomics. Good programming knowledge with proficiency in at least one language such as C, C++, R, Python, JS, or Perl, as demonstrated by publications or github profile or other code repositories. Should be well versed with Linux/bash/command line interface, and have the ability to create and modify custom pipelines for data analysis Experience with analysis of population level genomic data, clinical genomics, de novo genome assembly, cancer genomics will be considered favourably.
Name of the PI: Dr T Karthik Bharadwaj
Duration of the project: January 2024
General terms and conditions –
- How to apply – Candidates who fulfil the criterion to fill up the ONLINE APPLICATION format by clicking on the following link……..
- The number of posts – Director, CCMB reserves the right to increase/decrease the number of positions and also cancel the recruitment process for the positions mentioned above at any stage of the recruitment process. The decision of the Director, CSIR-CCMB will be final and binding.
- Age relaxation – Age relaxation as per CSIR/Govt. of India guidelines. Age will be calculated on the last date of receipt of online applications.
- Awaiting result/ Pursuing degree – Those candidates who are still pursuing/ awaiting results for their degree M.Sc./B.Tech./ PhD or any other qualification for the above post(s) as of the date of application will not be considered.
- Eligibility criterion – The candidate should note that non-fulfilment of the eligibility criterion will result in the cancellation of candidature at any stage.
- Experience – The period of experience in a discipline/area of work, wherever prescribed, shall be counted after the date of acquiring the minimum prescribed educational qualifications prescribed for that post.
- Screening of applications – The applicants will be subjected to shortlisting by CCMB scientists/designated committee according to the current requirement and the candidate’s shortlisted for interview will be displayed on CCMB website.
- Selection procedure – The selection will be on the basis of interview.
- Result / Panel for a waitlisted candidate – Based upon the performance of candidates in the interview, the result of selected candidates against the number of posts available in the project for each postcode, will be declared and posted on the CCMB website. A panel of waitlisted candidates in order of merit will also be formed for each postcode, which will be valid for one year. The panel may be operated on the recommendation of the Project Investigator for meeting any future requirement in the project that arises due to the resignation of the incumbent/ non-joining of selected candidates/ further unforeseen/urgent requirement of project manpower for the same position in the same project.
- Engagement – The engagement shall be initially for a short duration based on the availability of funds which may be extended or curtailed based on the conduct and the performance of the incumbent as well as the requirement of the institute. However, the engagement will not be beyond the tenure of the project and shall expire automatically on the expiry of the project tenure, in which the candidate has been selected. The engagement under projects does not confer any right/claim whatsoever, either explicitly or implicitly on the appointee for regular appointment in CSIR/CCMB, against any post or otherwise under any legal conditions or precedent.
- Leave – The incumbent would not be entitled to any kind of regular leave. However, they would be allowed for one-day of Leave for each completed month.
- TA/DA – No TA/ DA admissible for attending test/interview, or joining the position.
- Office timings/ Working hours – The incumbent is required to perform the assigned duties during working hours i.e. from 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM on working days. The incumbent will not be allowed to take up any other assignment during the period of engagement. He /She may be required to work on Saturday/Sunday/other Gazetted holidays and beyond working hours also if need be.
- Tax deduction at source – The Income Tax or any other tax liable to be deducted, as per the prevailing rules will be deducted at source before effecting the payment.
- Confidentiality of data and documents – The Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) of the data collected as well as the deliverables produced for the office shall remain with this office. No one shall utilize or publish or disclose or part with, to a third party, any part of
the data or statistics or proceedings or information collected for the purpose of this assignment or during the course of assignment for the office, without the express written consent of the office. The incumbent shall be bound to hand over the entire set of records of assignment to the Office before the expiry of the contract, and before the final payment is released by the office.
- Termination of Service – The performance of project personnel would be reviewed periodically so that candidates not found up to the mark, could be terminated. The engagement may be terminated at any time by the office without assigning any reasons by giving a one-month notice. In case, the person desires to leave the assignment, he/she may also do so by giving one month’s notice or payment of one month stipend in lieu of, which can be condoned/ curtailed/ extended depending upon the discretion of the Competent Authority.
- DISCLAIMER – Candidates who are applying for any of the above posts shall ensure that they fulfil the essential qualifications. If they apply without fulfilling the essential qualifications then it will be considered that they are giving wrong/misleading information. The ONUS OF THIS ACTION WILL BE ON THE CANDIDATE and not on the
Institute. In case they are found not fulfilling the essential criteria or that they have provided misleading information, then their candidature for the post may be rejected at any stage of selection or after selection.
- Disqualification – Canvassing in any form and/or bringing any influence political or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification for the post.