Project Scientist Life Sciences Job For PhD at WII
Project Scientist Life Sciences Job For PhD at WII. PhD Jobs. PhD Life Sciences, Wildlife Sciences job openings. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below
(An Autonomous Institution of Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate
Change, Government of India)
Chandrabani, Dehra Dun – 248002
Advertisement No. WII/UKFD/WII/PM/3-2020
CONTRACTUAL ENGAGEMENT OF PROJECT SCIENTIST-I
The Wildlife Institute of India, Dehradun invites applications for walk-in-interview to engage Project Scientist I for an IUCN-KFW funded collaborative project between the Wildlife Institute of India and Zoological Society of London entitled “Supporting trans-boundary recovery in India and Nepal”. This proposed project aims to contribute towards a viable tiger meta-population in the Terai Arc Landscape (TAL). It is part of the Integrated Tiger Habitat Conservation Programme (ITHCP) funded by the International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN) and the German Development Bank, KfW. The area to be covered by the project extends to over 1500 km2, in Nandhaur Landscape and the main project components include management effectiveness, law enforcement, habitat management, management of human-wildlife conflict (HWC) and livelihood development.
The positions are purely on a contract basis for a period of one year. The EQ and other details are provided below:
Position Name: Project Scientist I
Duration – One Year
Location of the project area – The post will be based in Dehradun, India and field sites in Nandhaur Landscape, Uttarakhand
Age – Not Exceeding 35 years as of the date of the interview. The upper age limit in the case of applicants belonging to SC/ST/OBC categories may be relaxed as per the rules.
Mode of selection:
- Shortlisting of applications for online interviews of applications will be based on essential qualification, age limit, NET/ GATE qualification, percentage of marks in bachelor and Master’s, specialization relevance in Master, research experience (Publications, Paper Presented in Workshops/ Seminars/ Symposiums/ Conferences), SOP and extracurricular activities (as per WII rules).
General Terms & Conditions
- The candidates are required to send their completed application along with attachments (with a subject line on envelop “Application for the post of Project Scientist-I in ________________(project), Advertisement No. WII/UKFD/WII/PM/3-2020” to The Registrar, Wildlife Institute of India, Chandrabani, Dehradun 248001, Uttarakhand by post which should reach the Institute on or before 1700 hrs on 27th January 2023.
- The applications received will be rejected by the Institute, if (i) receive after the deadline, (ii) not in the prescribed application format, (iii) self-attested documents of qualification, date of birth & experience are not attached or (iv) received without said subject line in the post.
- Mere fulfilment of the minimum advertised qualification and experience requirement DOES NOT automatically entitle an applicant to be called for an online interview. The decision of the Institute in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the application, and mode of selection will be final and binding on the candidates and no enquiry or correspondence will be entertained from any individual or his / her agency.
- All the steps of the recruitment process will be conducted by a duly constituted Selection Committee. However, if the number of applications received for a particular post(s) is large, then Institute reserves the right to lay down any criteria for the purpose of short-listing the candidates for interview.
- All original documents/certificates must be produced at the time of joining for necessary verification.
- At the time of the verification of original documents or even after selection, if it is found that an attempt has been made by the applicant to willfully conceal, misrepresent or canvass the facts, such applicant will not be considered for selection and due action will be taken.
- Relaxation in the upper age limit shall be allowed in accordance with the Government of India, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions (Department of Personnel & Training) OM No.1501282/2010-Estt. (D) dated 27.03.2012 as amended from time to time. However, the categories of upper age relaxations are as follows: a. Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes up to 5 years. b. Other Backward Class (OBC) up to 3 years.
- The positions advertised are purely temporary/ contractual for the project period only and will stand abolished after the completion of the project.
- The tenure of the project will be governed by the Institute’s rules and regulations.
- After the announcement of the results, the candidate should join the project within 15 days.
- The Director WII reserves the right to reject any candidature in view of incomplete information provided by the candidate or for any other reason thereof. Registrar Wildlife Institute of India.
Essential Qualification (EQ): Doctoral Degree in Science (Wildlife Sciences/ Environmental Sciences/ Forest Management/ Life Sciences/Natural Sciences) from a recognized University or equivalent
Work description & Key responsibilities:
- Design and conduct field surveys, data collection, and analysis for tiger and prey monitoring and report preparation.
- Carry out the tiger, prey and habitat monitoring work as per the approved work plan under the supervision of the Project Supervisor/Project Manager in Nandhaur Wildlife Sanctuary and adjoining landscape.
- CA/TS Assessment for Nandhaur WLS
- Carrying out training for frontline staff in patrol-based monitoring using M-STrIPES and camera trapping and prey monitoring.
- Supporting frontline staff to conduct regular patrol-based monitoring in the Nandhaur landscape.
- Providing logistical support to the Project Manager to support training programmes in Wildlife forensic, information handling and data collection.
- Supporting Uttarakhand Forest Department in collating data from camera trapping, patrol-based monitoring, and compiling reports for adaptive management.
- Support the biological monitoring team to conduct tiger, prey and habitat monitoring work as needed
- Responsible for technical reporting pertaining to implementing rigorous patrol-based monitoring in the study area.
- Responsible for technical reporting pertaining to tiger conservation in the study area.
Emoluments & Location: 56,000/- +HRA (Increment of 5% for every 2 years of experience subject to performance review)