UPSC Biochemistry Scientist Recruitment – Apply Online
UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
INVITES ONLINE RECRUITMENT APPLICATIONS (ORA*)
FOR RECRUITMENT BY SELECTION TO THE FOLLOWING POSTS
(*: by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in)
Name of the Post – Scientist ‘B’
No. of Posts – 01
Vacancy Number – 23071404222
Ministry/Administration – Ministry of Environment Forests and Climate Change
Department/Office – Other
Organisation – Botanical Survey of India
Age – Not exceeding 35 years for General, EWS and Scheduled Tribe candidates as on normal closing date. Not exceeding 40 years for Scheduled Castes candidates and not exceeding 38 years for Other Backward Classes candidates as on normal closing date in respect of the vacancies reserved for them. Relaxable for regularly appointed Central/UT Govt. servants upto five years as per
the instructions issued by the Govt. of India from time to time. For age concession applicable to some other categories of applicants, please see relevant paras of the ‘Instructions and Additional Information to Candidates for Recruitment by Selection.’
Probation – Two (02) Years
Other Details – The post is General Central Service, Group ‘A’, Gazetted, Non-Ministerial. The post is permanent.
Pay Scale – Level – 10 (Rs.56,100-1,77,500/-) in Pay Matrix as per CCS (R.P.) Rules, 2016. Total emoluments excluding T.A. & HRA at the time of initial appointment will be Rs. 56,100/- plus DA as applicable per month approximately
Essential Qualification (s)
Educational – Master’s Degree in Science in the required Discipline (i.e. Botany/Horticulture/Organic Chemistry) from a recognized University or equivalent.
Desirable Qualification (s):
- Experience in research/teaching in the relevant field. (i.e. Taxonomy of any of the following groups – Angiosperm/Bryophytes/Lichens/Fungi/Algae or Molecular taxonomy)
- Knowledge of Latin/German/French/ Russian
- To undertake research on floristic/taxonomic revisions
- To identify plants.
- To prepare proper scientific reports on field or herbarium specimens.
- To undertake field excursions.
- To supervise the work of the Botanical Assistant & Technical Assistant
How to Apply –
- Candidates must apply online through the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in. Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected.
APPLICATION FEE –
- Candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs. 25/- (Rupees Twenty five) only either by
remitting the money in any branch of the SBI by cash or by using the net banking facility of the SBI or by using a visa/master credit/debit card.
- No fee for SC/ST/PwBD/Women candidates of any community. No “fee exemption” is
available to Gen/OBC/EWS male candidates and they are required to pay the full prescribed fee.
- Applications without the prescribed fee would not be considered and summarily rejected. No representation against such rejection would be entertained.
- Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstance nor can the fee be held in reserve for any other examination or selection.
|ONLINE RECRUITMENT APPLICATIONS (ORA) ARE INVITED FOR DIRECT
RECRUITMENT BY SELECTION THROUGH WEBSITE http://www.upsconline.nic.in TO
THE ABOVE POSTS ARE FROM 22-07-2023.CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF ONLINE RECRUITMENT APPLICATION (ORA)
THROUGH ORA WEBSITE IS 23:59 HRS ON 10-08-2023.
|THE LAST DATE FOR PRINTING OF COMPLETELY SUBMITTED ONLINE
APPLICATION IS UP TO 23:59 HRS ON 11-08-2023.
|THE DATE FOR DETERMINING THE ELIGIBILITY OF ALL CANDIDATES IN EVERY RESPECT SHALL BE THE PRESCRIBED CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF THE ONLINE RECRUITMENT APPLICATION (ORA). THE APPLICANTS ARE ADVISED TO FILL IN ALL THEIR PARTICULARS IN THE ONLINE RECRUITMENT APPLICATION CAREFULLY AS SUBMISSION OF WRONG INFORMATION MAY LEAD TO REJECTION THROUGH COMPUTER-BASED SHORTLISTING APART FROM DEBARMENT BY THE COMMISSION.|
|THE DATE FOR THE INTERVIEW ON WHICH THE SHORTLISTED CANDIDATE IS REQUIRED TO BRING THE PRINTOUT OF HIS/HER ONLINE APPLICATION ALONG WITH OTHER DOCUMENTS AT UPSC SHALL BE INTIMATED SEPARATELY.|