Associate Content Editor Clarivate
City, ST: Chennai, TN
We are looking for an Associate Content Editor/Content Editor to join our GENESEQ process in Hyderabad/Chennai. This is an amazing opportunity to work on GENESEQ process in IPG. The team consists of 37 colleagues and reports to the Team Manager. We would love to speak with you if you have skills in Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Microbiology, Genetics, Molecular Biology, and Biochemistry.
- Masters degree and/or BTech in Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Microbiology, Genetics, Molecular Biology, and Biochemistry.
- At least 1 year of experience in working on patents, patent indexing with basic patent knowledge.
- Proven experience in patent indexing, disease indexing, abstract writing, effective communication, problem identification and solving skills, good interpersonal skills, adhere to change, effective time management, email etiquette, positive attitude and self-motivated with the ability to deliver consistently.
- Good knowledge of computers including MS office, PDF or TIFF images; good exposure to publicly available databases like NCBI taxonomy database, PubMed, etc; and secondary research skills.
It would be great if you also had . . .
- 1 to 2 years of relative experience on patent indexing, gene sequencing, genetics, and disease indexing.
- MTech and/or Mphil/PhD.
What will you be doing in this role?
- Apply biotechnology, genetics, and molecular biology concepts to curate biological sequence related information from patent documents in line with editorial policies and conventions.
- Achieve weekly production volume and quality targets and maintain consistency.
- Take an active role within the team to ensure targets are met.
- Maintain awareness of current developments in own technology areas.
- Make positive efforts to promote personal safety and that of others by taking reasonable care at work, by carrying out the requirements of the law or following recognized codes of practice provided or advised by management to ensure safe working practices.
About the Team
GENESEQ Team is one of the key knowledge-driven processes in Intellectual Property Group in Clarivate. The team consists of 37 colleagues, in various roles with different experience and skill set in various domains like Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Microbiology, Genetics, Molecular Biology, and Biochemistry; are reporting to a Team Manager.
GENESEQ product includes Nucleic Acid sequences of minimum 10 bases or 8 if claimed and Amino Acid sequences of minimum 4 residues.
GENESEQ Indexers manually curate all biological sequences given in the specification, including those found within PDF or TIFF images, not just those given in the formal electronic sequence listing.
GENESEQ indexers also create additional sequences which are described in the specification, which often are not given in the sequence listing, but which are claimed. The team will also create individual records for mutated sequences and for claimed SEQ ID fragments where the whole sequence has not been claimed.
Full-time – 9 hours in IST (includes 1 hour break), subject to slight changes based on business needs.