Tea Research Association Vacancies, Tocklai PhD, MSc Zoology, Agricultural & Life Sciences Job Openings. Tea Research Association is hiring Zoology, agricultural sciences and life sciences candidates for govt research jobs. Latest Government Jobs. Interested and eligible candidates check out all of the details below –
19th July 2023
Project Associate and Project Fellow Positions Available in Sponsored Project
Positions available for one Project Associate and two Project Fellows under UTZ India Private Limited sponsored project entitled “Sustainable tea pest management in Assam: An IPM taskforce initiative” at Entomology Department of Tocklai Tea Research Institute, Tea Research Association, Jorhat-785008, Assam as per following details. The appointments will be purely on temporary contractual basis and hence the Institute will not provide any employment after completion of the project.
Name of the Post: Project Associate
No. of Posts: 01
Place of work: Mainly at Tocklai Tea Research Institute, Jorhat. If required, may be posted in other experimental sites
Upper Age Limit: is 40 years.
Job Responsibility: The Incumbent will have to supervise overall project-related activities, including multi-location field trials, extensive field visits to monitor field trial activities or implementation, data collection, soil sample analysis, data compilation, report preparation, etc.
Essential Qualification: PhD in Life Science / Agriculture Sciences/ Soil Science/ Entomology/ Zoology/Chemistry.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience: Minimum two years of research experience, preferably in tea or plantation crops
Monthly Fellowship: Rs. 58,000 + 8% HRA per month
Name of the Post: Project Fellows
No. of Posts: 02
Will be posted in:
(i) Nahartoli Tea Estate, Dibrugarh, Assam,
(ii) Tezpur & Gogra Tea Estate, Tezpur, Assam.
Upper Age Limit: is 35 years.
Job Responsibility: The Incumbent will have to conduct field experiments, implement treatments, conduct regular pest and disease monitoring data collection, assist in report preparation, etc.
Essential Qualification: M. Sc in Life Science / Zoology/ Entomology
Desirable Qualifications and Experience: Knowledge in computer applications and statistics will be preferred.
Monthly Fellowship: Rs. 25,000 + 8% HRA per month
Project Duration: 1 (One) year only (extendable subject to the satisfactory performance).
- The above post is purely temporary and co-terminus with the project.
- Candidates should submit a soft copy of the duly filled–in-application form as enclosed below to the email id [email protected] on or before 4th August 2023 positively.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview. No TA/DA or any other expenses will be provided for attending the interview.
- Short listed candidates must carry a set of photocopies of documents (testimonials of qualifications, mark sheets, experience, date of birth etc.) along with originals for verification.
- All other terms and conditions of appointment will be governed by prevailing Institute rules and the decision of the Chairman of the Selection Committee will be final and binding.
- Selected candidates need to join immediately or at very short notice.
- The Director, Tocklai Tea Research Institute, Jorhat, Assam reserves all rights of selection or rejection of a candidature including cancellation of the interview without assigning any reason thereof.