Syngene MSc MTech Biotech, Biochem, Biophysics Research Job – Apply Online
Senior Research Associate – Protein Purification
Requisition ID: 54694
Reporting to: Senior Principal Investigator
Job Grade: 9-II
About Syngene : Syngene (www.syngeneintl.com) is an innovation-led contract research, development and manufacturing organization offering integrated scientific services from early discovery to commercial supply.
At Syngene, safety is at the heart of everything we do personally and professionally. Syngene has placed safety at par with business performance with shared responsibility and accountability, including following safety guidelines, procedures and SOPs, in letter and spirit
Mandatory expectation for all roles as per Syngene safety guidelines
- Overall adherence to safe practices and procedures of oneself and the teams aligned
- Contributing to development of procedures, practices and systems that ensures safe operations and compliance to company’s integrity & quality standards
- Driving a corporate culture that promotes environment, health, and safety (EHS) mindset and operational discipline at the workplace at all times.
- Ensuring safety of self, teams and lab/plant by adhering to safety protocols and following environment, health, and safety (EHS) requirements at all times in the workplace.
- Ensure all assigned mandatory trainings related to data integrity, health, and safety measures are completed on time by all members of the team including self
- Compliance to Syngene’ s quality standards at all times
Core Purpose of the Role: We are seeking a skilled and enthusiastic Protein biochemist/protein purification scientist at senior research associate level to join the Protein purification group in the Protein tech – SARC Biology, a multidisciplinary team with capabilities in molecular cloning, expression and purification of proteins, including antibodies, bispecifics and microbially expressed proteins. The ideal candidate will have broad laboratory training, deep scientific curiosity and a positive approach to working in a team-based research environment along with a track record of creative problem-solving and enthusiasm for taking on difficult research challenges.
All employees will consistently demonstrate alignment with our core values
Specific requirements for this role
- Experience: 2-3yrs
- Skills and Capabilities:
Required Technical Qualification:
- Comprehensive theoretical and practical knowledge and experience in mammalian and microbial (desirable) recombinant protein purification techniques (including affinity, ion exchange, HIC, SEC, CHT and reverse phase chromatography, TFF) and methods development. Candidates having demonstrated hands-on experience in both mammalian and microbial projects will be preferred.
- Should have experience in analytical biochemistry (SEC-HPLC, SDS PAGE, Western Blot, Protein quantification etc.)
- Strong FPLC/liquid chromatography experience – ability to program, operate, and troubleshoot purification equipment and experiments at small/pilot scale using the GE AKTA platform including AKTA PURE, Pilot, Explorer.
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, update technical data and maintain accurate records contemporaneously, follow instructions, and comply with company policies.
- Work according to established Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and regulatory guidance.
- Should have excellent oral, presentation and written communication skills: Team player and customer-focused.
- Apply mass spectrometry – based approaches, including intact mass, glycan profiling, glycosylation site and disulfide bond mapping, peptide mapping to support protein analysis and characterization.
- Additional advantage is having a demonstrated experience in optimising expression and purification of recombinant proteins from microbial source.
- Knowledge and experience in packing resins in columns like XK, HiScale and BPG.
- Knowledge in moderate throughput purification techniques (e.g-Magbeads, Coupled Columns) is desirable
MSc/M.Tech in biotechnology, biochemistry, structural biology, biophysics, bio-analytical chemistry or similar scientific fields.