CFTRI Project Vacancy MSc Biotech, Biochem, Food Tech & Zoology – Apply Online
RECRUITMENT OF PROJECT ASSOCIATE LEVEL-I
ADVERTISEMENT NO. PAT.161/2023
CSIR – Central Food Technological Research Institute, Mysuru, a constituent National Laboratory of Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), invites applications from eligible candidates for recruitment of 01 [One position] of SENIOR PROJECT ASSOCIATE in the project tenable at the Department of Microbiology & Fermentation Technology CSIR-CFTRI, Mysuru, Karnataka.
Name of the Post – PROJECT ASSOCIATE LEVEL-I
No. of Posts – 01
Name of the Project – “Sustaining health through research and innovation by analysis of nutrients and nutraceuticals to achieve global awareness (SHRI-ANNA). Development and validation of Gerobiotic enriched millet beverage and curd (HCP-0052: WP 2.1)
– Initially for a period up to MARCH 2024 & Extendable up to March 2025 depending upon performance & requirement, or till the project is over on a temporary contractual basis
How to Apply –
Eligible candidates may submit an online application at https://patcell.cftri.res.in along with necessary attachments of the certificates in support of date of birth, caste, qualification/ experience etc. on or before 29-07-2023 under the subject panel Science & Biotechnology/ Life Sciences/ Biochemistry/ Food Science & Technology including Nutrition. Applications of those candidates, which are already active in the above panels for Junior Research Fellow with the above eligibility requirements will be considered by default.
Applications received after the due date of 29-07-2023 will not be considered. The short-listed candidates will be informed about the date of the interview and the venue through e-mail.
CANVASSING IN ANY FORM AND / OR BRINGING IN ANY INFLUENCE, POLITICAL OR OTHERWISE WILL BE TREATED AS A DISQUALIFICATION FOR THE POST APPLIED FOR. INTERIM ENQUIRIES WILL NOT BE ATTENDED TO.
- Candidates should not have exceeded 35 years of age as of 29-07-2023 i.e. the last date of receiving the applications.
- The engagement of the PROJECT ASSOCIATE LEVEL-I is exclusively for the above-mentioned research work.
- The engagement will be contractual and purely on a temporary basis for a period of 08 Months or a co-terminus with the project, whichever is earlier.
- The engagement under the externally funded project does not confer any right/claim whatsoever either explicitly or implicitly on the appointee for regular appointment in CSIR-CFTRI, against any post or otherwise under any legal conditions precedent.
- The performance of the Project Staff will be reviewed every six months. In case the performance is not satisfactory, the fellowship could be terminated with one month’s notice or one month’s stipend in lieu thereof.
- No TA/DA will be given to the candidates for attending the interview.
- If already the candidate is working in CSIR-CFTRI “No objection certificate” from the PI is mandatory at the time of the interview.
Essential Qualifications: First-class M.Sc. in any field of Biotechnology/ Zoology/ Biochemistry/ Food Technology with experience in animal studies particularly pre-clinical studies. Candidates having practical experience in handling experimental animals will be preferred.
Job Requirements: Assist in R&D activities of gerobiotics and millet, extraction of dietary fibres and phytochemicals, studying prebiotic potential, anti-aging biomarker study, assisting in gerobiotic product development.
Emoluments – Rs.25,000/- (Twenty Five Thousand Only) plus HRA per month.