Pfizer Life Sciences Publication Writer Job – Post Grad & Doctorate Apply
Job Title – Sr. Associate Publications Writer
Location of Pfizer Vacancy –
- India – Mumbai
- India – Remote
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
Responsible for providing support to the Pfizer Biopharmaceuticals Group (PBG), CMAO-Global Medical Excellence & Innovation, Global Medical Affairs team specifically:
- Support development of abstracts, posters, manuscripts, congress presentations and slide decks as per the required business needs under the supervision of Publications writer.
- Perform requisite data mining as per the requisite needs of the document.
- Responsible for data quality control of all documents and ensure that data is objectively and accurately represented
- Adherence to general publication policies and company policies on all documents.
- Provide regular updates on projects using trackers and presentations as per pre-specified format.
- Train on developing plain language summaries for all manuscripts, as applicable.
- Scientific support at congresses including development of materials and reports.
- Providing support to the Medical Affairs group including but not limited to literature reviews and summaries, preparation of slide decks.
- Ensuring delivery of all required activities within expected timelines, on budget and adhering to all requisite guidelines.
The Associate Publications Writer supports the Publications Writer and the Global Medical Affairs by:
- Supporting manuscript writing including researching, organizing, compiling, and quality checking various types of technical and/or medical information.
- Creating slides, abstracts, training materials, and style guides, as needed for our clients and their diverse audiences.
REQUIRED SKILL SET
- Writing skills: Good scientific writing skills, including an ability to interpret and summarize complicated data effectively, concisely and persuasively.
- Analytic skills: Utilize tools such as OvidSP and other bibliographic databases such as PubMed, Medline, Embase, and Biosis. Ability to examine data, formulate reasonable hypotheses, and design and execute analyses to test them.
- Language skills: High fluency in written English and strong functional fluency in spoken English.
- Personal skills: Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines. Able to maintain confidentiality and pay attention to details.
- Interpersonal skills: Effective influencing and negotiating skills, including when appropriate an ability to guide decision-making for document content strategy.
- Software: Previous experience with software commonly used to present and analyze data (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and reference management tools such as EndNote) is required. Experience with searching literature and freely accessible databases (e.g. for antimicrobial resistance related) is preferred.
- Reports directly to the Publications Lead-GMAIST.
- Works closely with Publications Writer Global Medical Affairs Leads and Publication coordinators.
- Interacts with Medical Affairs colleagues, Local, Regional and at a Global level.
Education: Post-graduate/ Doctorate degree in life sciences/Pharmacy/Medical sciences or equivalent degrees.
- 2 to 3 years relevant experience for medical graduates/PhDs. More than 3 years relevant experience for master’s in life sciences.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in publication writing in academic settings/ communications experience within an agency, CRO, or Pharma / Biotech Company. Prior experience in using search tools, developing search strings and assessing search results and data analysis is preferred.