Novo Nordisk Associate Patent Attorney Job Opening – Apply Online
Associate Patent Attorney
Category: Legal, Compliance and Audit
Department: Corporate Patents – Global Business Services (CP-GBS)
Does your motivation come from challenges and working in a dynamic environment? Is your ambition to create visible results? Are you enthusiastic about understanding the business and bringing attention to key business challenges? Then we might have the right position for you. Apply Today.
About the department
Corporate Patents – Global Business Services (CP-GBS) together with Corporate Patents Denmark (CP-DK) and Novo Nordisk Inc. Intellectual Property Department (NNI-IPD) forms Novo Nordisk’s Global Patent Organization (GPO). CP-GBS established in 2007 to assist Global Patent Organization on various patent functions such as Patent Searches, Patent Prosecution Support, Patent Litigation Support, Business Development support and Patent Coordinator Support.
Does your motivation come from challenges and working in a dynamic environment? Is your ambition to create visible results? Are you enthusiastic about understanding the business and bringing attention to key
business challenges? Then we might have the right position for you. Apply Today.
As an Associate Patent Attorney (Pharma) you are expected to have strong technical knowledge, analytical skills and good communication and interpersonal skills.
Inter alia, you will be responsible for handling prosecution for Novo Nordisk’s patent applications in India and in Rest of the World (RoW) countries. Also, you will be required to conduct patent searches, such as Novelty and invalidity (including sequence searches) independently and provide support to business development activities of the organisation. You should be able to handle patent prosecution and carry out patent searches with minimal assistance from senior colleagues.
We are expecting you to hold the below skills and knowledge:
- Minimum of master’s degree in Biotechnology or related fields.
- Certified as Patent Agent/Attorney in India.
- 4 to 6 years of experience in handling patent prosecution in biotech, life-sciences, or Biopharma domain.
- At least 2 to 3 years of experience in conducting patent searches (Novelty, invalidity and FtO) in pharma/biotech domain.
- Experience in attending of Patent Hearings before the Indian Patent Office (IPO) shall be an added advantage.
- Should have good understanding of patent law and practice in India.
- Should be well versed with key concepts of IP evaluations, such as patentability, freedom to operate, claim coverage assessment.
- Exposure of working in an in-house team of company or global firm would be an advantage.
- Should be willing to take additional responsibilities for supporting local or global in-house projects as and when needed.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work independently as well as in team, taking initiative and being detail-oriented.
We are a proud life-science company, and life is our reason to exist. We’re inspired by life in all its forms and shapes, ups and downs, opportunities and challenges. For employees at Novo Nordisk, life means many things – from the building blocks of life that form the basis of ground-breaking scientific research, to our rich personal lives that motivate and energize us to perform our best at work. Ultimately, life is why we’re all here – to ensure that people can lead a life independent of chronic disease.
Contact: To submit your application, please upload your CV online (click on Apply and follow the instructions).
Deadline: 10th Aug 2023
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.