NIANP Research Vacancy Available For Biotech, Microbiology
Possible interview questions for the technical round for the position of Senior Research Fellow possible below
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF ANIMAL NUTRITION AND PHYSIOLOGY
ADUGODI, BANGALORE – 560 030
F. No. NIANP/2-5(178)/Estt/2022-23
Applications are invited for the position of Senior Research Fellow (1 No.) under the ICARNational Agriculture Innovation Fund-Component-I. This recruitment is subjected to terms and conditions in force in ICAR for such appointments. General ICAR guidelines for contractual employment will be applicable. The appointment is purely on temporary basis and there is no provision of absorption/re-employment in NIANP/ICAR after termination of the project. The service of person who is engaged, will be automatically stand terminated with the termination of the project without assigning any reason thereof.
Name of the Post – Senior Research Fellow (SRF)
No. of Posts – 01
Name of the project – National Agriculture Innovation Fund (Component-I)
Duration of the project – Up to March 2024
Age Limit –
; 35 years for men and 40 years for women on the date of interview (Relaxation for SC/ST/OBC and PHC as per GOI/ICAR rules.
How to apply:
Candidates should send their complete CV as per essential qualifications to [email protected] before 30.05.2023. Shortlisted Candidates will be intimated to attend the interview by email after the due date and receipt of the application. Shortlisted Candidates should attend the interview along with photo copies of their credentials and original documents) at the Committee Room of ICAR-National Institute of Animal Nutrition and Physiology, Adugodi, Bengaluru 560030. The candidates will not be paid any TA/DA and will have to make their own arrangements for travel, stay etc. for attending the interview.
- The candidate shall have to produce original documents at the time of interview and joining, in case of selection, failing which, the candidature shall be cancelled and no right on the contractual appointment can be claimed.
- The post is purely temporary and will be filled on contractual basis till March 2024 or termination of the project and further subject to any amendments/rules of ICAR, New Delhi.
- Candidates shall have no right to claim regular appointment at the Institute, as the post is purely contractual and is co-terminus with the project.
- Candidates having essential qualifications only would be allowed to appear in the walk in interview
- Concealing the facts or canvassing in any form or misinformation shall lead to disqualification or termination and further action will be initiated against the candidate as deemed fit by the Director, ICAR-NIANP, Bengaluru
- The candidate intending to appear in the walk in interview, if any of his/her near or distant relative is an employee of the ICAR-NIANP, have to declare his/her name, designation and relationship, in advance, before start of the interview to the undersigned.
- His/her appointment will be subject to the condition that he/she is declared medically fit for service by the Government Medical Officer (with seal)
- He/she should produce a character certificate from his/her head of educational institute last attended by him/her or a similar certificate from his/her employer, if any.
- The selected candidates will have to submit medical fitness and character certificate at the time of joining.
- For leaving the contract in between the stipulated time, the candidate shall have to give a minimum of one month of notice in advance, to avoid the project work disturbed failing which he/she will have to deposit one month salary to ICAR-NIANP
- Candidates headquarter will be at ICAR-NIANP, Bengaluru and he/she will work under the immediate administrative control of the Project Investigator and under overall control of the Director, ICAR-NIANP.
- The ICAR will not be liable to bear any expenditure on pension contribution/leave salary contribution/provident fund, ESI, Medical insurance etc.
- Grant of leave, travelling and other allowances is regulated by Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi mutatis mutandis, in accordance with the Project Investigator and supplementary rules and such other rules and orders as issued by ICAR, New Delhi/Funding agency from time to time.
- He/she will NOT be entitled to have any travelling and or conveyance allowance for joining the post on contractual basis at ICAR-NIANP, Bengaluru
- The Director, ICAR-NIANP reserves the right to terminate the contract even before the completion of the project for which no appeal thereof would be entertained.
- M.Sc. / M.VSc in Animal Nutrition / Animal Physiology / Gynaecology & Reproduction / Microbiology/ Biotechnology or Allied disciplines related to animal sciences.
- Candidates with 4 or 5 years of Bachelor’s degree or candidates with Ph.D. degree in above mentioned subjects, NET qualification is not mandatory. Candidates having post graduate degree in basic sciences with 3 years bachelor’s degree and 2 years Master’s degree should have NET qualifications and 2 years of research experience as mentioned in OM No Edn./6/27/2014/HRD dated 13th July, 2015, OM No Agril Edn 6/27/2014-HRD 9th October 2015 of the Council and OM SR/S9/Z09/2018 of DST dated 30th January 2019.
- Selected candidates with higher qualification than the prescribed will
not be entitled for higher pay than that mentioned in the advertisement.
Desirable: Experience or knowledge of IPR/Trademarks/Copyrights/Technology Commercialization
Remuneration: Rs 31,000 + HRA (if accommodation not provided)
Check the notification below
Possible interview questions for the technical round for the position of Senior Research Fellow:
- Can you explain your experience and knowledge in animal nutrition and physiology, specifically in the areas mentioned in the job description? Answer: I have a Master’s degree in Animal Nutrition and extensive research experience in the field. My research projects focused on studying the impact of various feed formulations on animal growth and metabolism. I also conducted experiments to assess the nutritional requirements of specific animal species.
- Have you worked on any projects related to animal reproduction or microbiology? If so, could you provide a brief overview of your research and findings? Answer: Yes, during my Master’s program, I conducted a project on the reproductive physiology of dairy cows. I investigated the influence of different dietary supplements on estrous cycle synchronization and fertility. The project involved monitoring hormone levels, analyzing reproductive parameters, and assessing the conception rates of the treated animals.
- How familiar are you with biotechnology techniques in the context of animal sciences? Can you discuss any relevant experience or knowledge you have in this area? Answer: I have a solid foundation in biotechnology techniques related to animal sciences. I have worked with DNA extraction, PCR amplification, and gene expression analysis methods. In one of my research projects, I used biotechnology tools to study the genetic basis of feed efficiency in poultry and identify specific genes associated with improved feed conversion ratios.
- Are you familiar with intellectual property rights (IPR), trademarks, copyrights, or technology commercialization in the context of agricultural research? If yes, can you provide examples of your experience or knowledge in this field? Answer: While I don’t have direct experience with IPR or technology commercialization, I have gained knowledge about these topics through workshops and seminars. I understand the importance of protecting intellectual property and ensuring the proper dissemination and commercialization of research outcomes. I have also collaborated with industry partners during my research projects, which gave me insights into the processes involved in technology transfer and commercialization.
- How would you approach a research project related to the National Agriculture Innovation Fund? What strategies or methodologies would you employ to achieve the project’s objectives? Answer: If given the opportunity to work on a research project funded by the National Agriculture Innovation Fund, I would start by thoroughly understanding the project’s objectives and scope. I would review existing literature and consult with experts in the field to identify the most appropriate methodologies and experimental designs. Additionally, I would ensure proper documentation, data analysis, and interpretation of the research findings to contribute effectively to the project’s success.
Note: The answers provided here are general suggestions and should be tailored and expanded upon based on the candidate’s specific qualifications, experiences, and knowledge.