Pepsi R&D Senior Scientist Job For MSc Food Tech, Science – Apply Online
Post Name: Senior Scientist – R&D Grains
Job Function: R&D
Job ID: 225513
Relocation Eligible: Yes – Standard
Main purpose: Plan and execute PepsiCo R&D SDDs ( Global Strategic Deep Dives) meeting AOP & Stratplan requirement of India + Middle East BU on Innovations, Productivity, TBS & other R&D deliverables on Grains – Hot Cereals platform with whole grains to ensure P&L top & bottom line targets of the Commercial BUs ( across 5 countries )
- Driving AOP/Non-AOP Innovations on Hot Cereals with Whole Grains in India BU ( 5 countries ) by ensuring technical readiness & executing on-time launches ( min. 4 Nos Innovation projects annually, with revenue totalling around USD 5 MM )
- Data analysis of Consumer tests and responses along with Marketing and Sensory Insights, Foods category team across the regions, and supporting the manager with H2 and H3 horizon portfolio plans .
- Direct responsibility for Global best practice adoption and knowledge transfer on Hots portfolio between India/MENA
- Owning & delivering Hot Cereals & Whole Grains Region reviews with R&D Foods Region Head and Sector R&D VP.
- Identifying and leading Productivity initiatives in Hot Creals and support India/MENA BU by delivering identified savings & BCP opportunities ( generating at least $ 1 MM annually )
- Independently leading Technical Brand Stewardship( Quality & WwP) for Hot Cereals to meet Global compliance norms
- Working with GP for identifying new ingredients as well as qualification of alternate vendors for existing ingredients while ensuring appropriate global expertise engagements on technology and expertise
- Leading Technical Stage Gate process for Hot Cereals projects to ensure speed to market and meet Global compliance norms.
- Responsible for local updation of new global brand and product developments and navigating technological barriers through active participation in R&D communities of practice and active collaboration with Global R&D counterparts on Strategic projects on Hot Cereal and whole grain platforms
– Supporting Innovation Day & Workshops involving R&D senior management for helping build R&D / Region / Marketing strategy
- Academic qualifications – min. Masters in Food Tech., Food Science, Technology, Engg. , Nutrition Science with at least 3-5 years of experience in an allied field
- Functional and execution skills in technology for executing vertical start-ups over both BU plants
- Experience in scaling up food formulations, processes, critical ingredients, and compositional assessments for insightful/ breakthrough innovations.
- Fundamental level understanding of the market and competitive segment in terms of the portfolio and future trends in Hot Cereals
- Advanced level knowledge of consumers ( sensory attributes and preferences ) and demand needs for Hot Cereals and Whole grains
- Fundamental knowledge of P&L and financial transactions and budget prep. pertaining to the hot cereal portfolio