Medtronic Bio/ Toxicologist II Job For MSc Freshers Candidates – Apply Online
Job Title: Bio/ Toxicologist II
Location: Gurugram, Haryana, India
- Performs within the requirements of the Medtronic site Quality System.
- Provide biological safety assessment to achieve ISO 10993 compliance and to support product development activities.
- Provide guidance in the development of product and selection of materials to ensure that released designs meet biological safety requirements. The Toxicologist is responsible for the timely completion of technical deliverables.
- Prepares documentation of biological assessment efforts using sound scientific principles. Coordinates biological testing activities by partnering with MDT Physiological Research Laboratories, NAmSA, Apptec, or Toxicon as appropriate. Provides primary interface with MDT Physiological Research Laboratories for MDT XMD.
- Establishes and integrates risk management process as part of the biological evaluation program in a manner that complies with ISO 10993.
- Assesses the biological safety impact from manufacturing and supplier changes on patient-contacting devices.
- Consults on the biological safety impact from device field issues.
- Develops or identifies resources and provides training to aid product development activities with the biological evaluation process. (Web-based biomaterials support, biomaterials testing databases)
- Mentors engineers.
- All activities must be performed in compliance with the Quality System.
- Performs duties in compliance with environmental, health and safety-related site rules, policies or governmental regulations.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Travel requirement: Less than 10%
EDUCATION REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of experience.
- Master’s Degree with 0 years of experience in toxicology, physiology, or related discipline.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED – No specialized knowledge is required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of biological impact of foreign materials in the human body.
- Knowledge of applicable ASTM, ISO, FDA and EN standards. An in-depth understanding of ISO 10993 – Biocompatibility standard.
- Requires strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Computer proficiency using word processors, spreadsheet, project management, and statistical software programs is required.
- Able to apply advanced scientific principles.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks/projects and manage priorities accordingly.
- Must be able to work in a team environment, including cross-functional teams, and exert influence without alienating others.
- Unimpeachable integrity.
- A sense of humour.