Central Zoo Authority Jobs For MSc & PhD Zoology Candidates
Central Zoo Authority
Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change
Advertisement of F.No. 5-5/2020-CZA (154442)
Call for application – Policy Assistant
The Central Zoo Authority (CZA) has been established as a statutory body under MoEFCC in the year 1992 (website http://www.cza.nic.in). The main objective of this Authority is to complement and strengthen the national effort in the conservation of the rich biodiversity of the country, particularly the fauna as per the National Zoo Policy, 1998. Other objectives of the authority include enforcing minimum standards and norms for the upkeep and healthcare of animals in Indian Zoos and controlling mushrooming of unplanned and ill-conceived zoos. As part of its activities, the Central Zoo Authority invites applications for engaging Policy Assistant (1 position) purely on an outsourced basis for an initial period of twelve months, subject to renewal from time to time. The EQ, DQ and other details of
the posts are as under:-
Engagement Position – Policy Assistant
Duration – 1-year full time (extendable based on performance)
Duty Station – Delhi
Age (as of 30.11.2022) – 30 years
- The application form (Annexure -1) is attached and can be downloaded from the website http://www.cza.nic.in/. Completed application along with relevant annexure can be emailed/submitted in hardcopy to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted at Central Zoo Authority, B-1 Wing, 6th Floor, Pt. Deendayal Antyodaya Bhawan, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110003 on or before 30.12.2022.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be called for an interview on 06-01-2023 Candidates must bring a copy of filled-in application with attested true copies of testimonials of educational qualifications along with a certificate of extracurricular activities, date of birth, mark sheets of all examinations etc. All original documents/certificates must be produced at the time of the interview.
- Candidates currently residing in remote areas of India (especially J&K and northeast India) can appear in interviews online through video conference/skype. Such candidates must post attested copies of their EQ and DQ qualifications on or before 30-12-2022 for scrutiny at CZA. Only shortlisted candidates will be allowed to participate through video conference / Skype on the 06-01-2023 afternoon.
- No TA/DA or accommodation will be provided for attending the interview.
- The selected candidate will be hired on an outsourcing basis through an outsourcing agency.
- The Member Secretary CZA, reserves the right to reject any candidature in view of incomplete information provided by the candidate or for any other reason thereof.
Essential Qualification (EQ) – Master’s Degree in Zoology/Wildlife Science with 3 years
experience in handling wildlife-related issues/ Zoo/National Park or Sanctuary
Desirable Qualification (DQ) – PhD in Zoology, Wildlife sciences
Description of Job –
- Data compliance in respect of recognition of Zoo, Training & Workshops, framing of Zoo rules, MIS, MEE etc.
- Willingness to take up day-to-day liasioning between CZA, MoEFCC and Chairperson – CZA office on policy and administrative matters,
- Willingness to take up additional tasks as and when assigned.
Emoluments – Rs. 57200 per month