CIAB Fellowships For MSc, MTech Biotech, Biochem & Life Sciences. MSc/ MTech Biotechnology/ Biochemistry/ Life Sciences project vacancy. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below
CENTER OF INNOVATIVE AND APPLIED BIOPROCESSING
Dept. of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology (Govt. of India)
Sector-81 (Knowledge City), PO-Manauli, SAS Nagar, Mohali -140306 (Punjab)
Website: www.ciab.res.in; Tel: 0172-5221400
Advertisement No: CIAB/77/2023-Rectt.
Last date of receiving applications: 13th January 2023
Center of Innovative and Applied Bioprocessing (CIAB) is an autonomous national institute under Department of Biotechnology (Govt. of India). This futuristic innovation institute of its own kind in the country has a mission of advancing knowledge, leads and emerging technologies/processes relevant to agri-food sector towards applications and products. It aims to link them with societal benefits through catalysing/promoting entrepreneurial action around bioprocesses, bio-products, value-addition to bioproducts etc. with special reference to the agrifood sector. Currently, the four major mandated R&D areas in hand at the institute are (A) Value Addition to Primary Processing Residues/ Wastes for Edible Products; (B) Valorisation of Crop Waste for Speciality Products and Chemicals
(B) FELLOWSHIPS UNDER EXTERNALLY FUNDED PROJECTS AT CIAB, MOHALI
Name of the Post – Junior Research Fellow
No. of Posts – One Position
Project Title – – “Development of novel high-level secretary expression system and continuous production of anti-diabetic sugar, D-allulose”.
Principal Investigator – Dr. Sudhir Pratap Singh, Scientist-D
Age limit – 28 Years
Duration of the project – Three years
Fellowship – Rs. 31,000/- + (8% HRA, as sanctioned in the project or hostel facility, if available)
Essential Qualifications –
- M.Sc. in Biotechnology / Biochemistry / Life Science or M.E. / M.Tech. in Biotechnology from a recognized University/Institute and
- NET / GATE / any other relevant equivalent nature of test qualified.
Application Procedure –
Interested candidates may send their filled-in application form (available on the institute’s website) along with self-attested photocopies of relevant education, experience, and caste (if applicable) certificates by e-mail only to: firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 13th January 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview through video-conferencing mode.
Please note that no hard copy of the application is required at this stage.
Process of Engagement
The applications received will be screened by a committee for shortlisting the candidates for interview. The eligible applicants would be interviewed by a duly constituted committee through video-conferencing mode. The committee would recommend the candidates, if found suitable, for consideration by the competent authority for engagement on purely on a Fellowship/Stipendiary basis.
- Incomplete applications and applications that are not in proper format may be summarily rejected.
- The above research opportunities are open only to Indian Nationals.
- The applications should be submitted in the prescribed format that can be downloaded from the CIAB website – www.ciab.res.in.
- Completed applications along with self-attested photocopies of all the relevant educational, experience, and caste (if applicable) certificates should be sent by e-mail only to :email@example.com latest by 13th January, 2023.
- Please note that no hard copy of the application is required at this stage.
- All the positions are based at Mohali, Punjab but some works may be assigned to be carried out at outstations also.
- The number of positions may vary.
- Relaxation of age for various categories (including woman candidates) shall be as per the rules of DST and other Government of India agencies.
- If in any area no suitable candidate is found, no selection would be made in that case.
- Candidates found eligible after scrutiny of applications shall be required to appear before a Selection Committee through video-conferencing mode. Kindly note that in case there is a substantial number of applicants, the Chief Executive Officer, CIAB reserves the right to devise such criteria as deemed fit to shortlist the candidates for the interview. The decision of the CEO, of CIAB, shall be final and binding on all in this respect.