Scientific and Regulatory Affairs Manager
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana, India Hybrid
Reports to: Head of Scientific & Regulatory Affairs, APAC
Direct reports: None
Workplace type: Hybrid
The Scientific & Regulatory Affairs (SRA) Manager, is responsible for providing regulatory project management, insights, guidance, and advice to the Ingredion business in APAC with particular focus on India, South East Asia.
As the Scientific & Regulatory Affairs (SRA) Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Minimise risk to the company by providing/obtaining concise regulatory advice to assure inherent compliance and safe products for use in the APAC market.
- Work with 3rd party resources/expertise/consultants/advisors as necessary to facilitate regulatory approvals and speed to market.
- Formulate or implement regulatory affairs standards, new processes & policies to ensure that regulatory compliance is maintained or enhanced.
- Communicate regulatory information to cross functional teams and ensure that information is interpreted correctly.
- Manage regulatory programs within the assigned growth platform & core business areas by reviewing regulatory requirements for new & existing products.
- Monitor & review regulatory landscape to interpret impact/implications of legislation on the business and growth platforms.
- Providing support & effective decision making to respond to regulatory opportunities/issues/threats.
- Key contact providing regulatory guidance to departments or innovation teams regarding food safety design, development, evaluation, or marketing of products.
- Lead regulatory input to the development of integrated processes/IT systems.
Product Development & Innovation
- Provide regulatory knowledge to support innovation/ new product development and renovation of existing products through, amongst others, review of product ideations; formula and raw material compliance review and end-product assessment
- Identifies new regulatory opportunities, gains insights on relevant regulations, including proposed, draft, and final legislations.
- Monitor, communicate and implement changes in legislation impacting the business and growth platforms.
Documentation and Materials
- Manage customer documentation to ensure compliance with relevant APAC country and relevant international regulations and standards.
- Review materials such as marketing literature or product recipes to ensure that regulatory requirements and Ingredion standards are met.
- As a key member of the Regulatory Affairs function in APAC collaborate on team matters.
- Develop a broad set of working relationships with stakeholders across the local, regional & global teams, including Global Scientific & Regulatory Affairs, Quality Assurance, Marketing and Supply Chain to facilitate regulatory support needs.
- Actively represent company interests in trade associations to positively influence industry positions & future legislation to affect benefit to the business.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Relevant degree and/or postgraduate in Food Science/Chemistry/Biochemistry/Applied Sciences or other relevant discipline
- At least 4 years of extensive experience in a regional regulatory affairs role in food & non-food regulation
- Familiarity with APAC including SEA regulations & Codex standards and regulatory structure would be an advantage
- Must have hands-on experience in regulatory compliance, documentation & external collaboration
- Familiarity with ingredients, blends (food/non-food) industry landscape and market trends
- Strong track record and technically savvy in the Regulatory Affairs function, able to provide expertise and guidance on product submissions with relevant authorities
- Able to travel domestically
- Experience with food ingredients, blends (food/non-food) & food systems
Required Behaviours And Skills:
- Strong communicator with interpersonal & negotiation skills particularly in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent planning, prioritisation, and organisational skills
- Strong at building relationships with both team members and other business departments and experience of working with global & regional cross-functional teams
Relocation Available: No