Illumina Bioinformatics Specialist Job Opening Available For BSc, MSc & PhD Candidates. Bioinformatics specialist job openings at Illumina. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below
Job Name – Sr. Bioinformatics Specialist, India
Job ID – 35183-JOB
Locations – India – Bangalore – Remote
At Illumina, we are expanding access to genomic technology to realize health equity for billions of people around the world. Our efforts enable life-changing discoveries that are transforming human health through the early detection and diagnosis of diseases and new treatment options for patients. Working at Illumina means being part of something bigger than yourself.
Every person, in every role, has the opportunity to make a difference. Surrounded by extraordinary people, inspiring leaders, and world-changing projects, you will do more and become more than you ever thought possible.
The Sr. Bioinformatics Specialist will be responsible for developing and supporting channel sales opportunities by translating bioinformatics expertise and product knowledge into compelling positioning, and competitive and selling strategies. The goal is to promote rapid adoption of Illumina technology by providing product and bioinformatics knowledge into supporting
channel sales opportunities. The Specialist will develop solutions and build a community of satisfied customers by working with sales channel partners and marketing in both pre-and post-sales activities.
This role will focus on driving Illumina’s business in India. Additional travel outside of the region may be occasionally required.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Be the subject matter expert for bioinformatics applications and analysis software and voice of the customer to regional management, global product management, marketing and market development
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of the market environment including current and possible future market trends, practices and information affecting the business; industry trends; competition and competitive environment; marketplace strategies and tactics
- Advise customers on technical aspects such as end-to-end workflows, study design, possible solutions, product positioning and competitor comparisons.
- Provide software demonstrations to customers
- Work with channel sales teams to impart deep domain knowledge, including discussion of relevant publications and supporting literature with key customers.
- Have a deep knowledge of Illumina’s products and the value to customers
- Provide engaging presentations to drive market interest in Illumina technologies
- Builds strong internal and external global relationships to assist in building business
- Attend relevant trade shows and conferences
- In collaboration with channel sales and marketing teams, develop and execute strategic plans for winning new business, expanding market share, and building upon existing programs.
- Regularly communicate updates to the management of in-district, trends and any issues related to their specific product line performance, competitor activities, or other issues emerging in assigned territory.
- Facilitate and drive the development of localized sales tools and appropriate training for the channel sales teams. Be a champion of Illumina’s solutions in these markets.
- Spend a significant amount of time in the field, visiting customers with channel partners to maintain positive relationships, implement strategies, and tactics and drive key solutions related to Illumina’s products.
- Contributes and advocates for global bioinformatics/software initiatives
- Assist, as time permits, with other business development activities
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- Fluency in English required
- Familiarity with the competitive landscape and trends in the bioinformatics sequencing/microarray market
- Practical experience in using common bioinformatics software and tools in microarray and/or massively parallel sequencing
- Excellent demonstrated communication (verbal and written) and training skills
- Demonstrated proactiveness in initiating and accomplishing tasks
- Excellent time management skills – is able to prioritise workload accordingly
- Ability to travel within the district and regionally to carry out primary responsibilities, must be willing to travel up to 40%.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree in Bioinformatics; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent bioinformatics work experience.
- Experience working with clinical customers or within a clinical environment preferred
- Prior field experience supporting customers in a highly technical field such as Next Generation Sequencing preferred
- Commercial experience is preferred but not essential.