IIT BHU Biotechnology Research Fellow Recruitment, Applications Invited
IIT BHU Biotechnology Research Fellow Recruitment, Applications Invited. MTech Biotechnology candidates are encouraged to apply for the Research Fellow vacancy. IIT BHU is hiring MS/MTech biotechnology and biochem vacancies. Interested and eligible candidates can check out all of the details below –
Recruitment of Junior Research Fellow in Department of Pharmaceutical
Engineering & Technology, Indian Institute of Technology (BHU)
Applications are invited from Indian nationals for the following position in the research project entitled “Study on therapeutic and preventive efficacy of linoleic acid in hamster model of visceral leishmaniasis”. sponsored by the Indian Council of Medical Research- Epidemiology and Communicable Diseases (ICMR-ECD) Grant awarded to Dr. Vinod Tiwari.
Name of the position – Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
Number of positions – 01
Duration of the Position – One year. Extendable up to two years (2Years) based on the
The Upper Age limit as of the last date of application – is 28 years. Age relaxation is applicable as per Government of India (GoI) rules.
General Terms and Conditions:
- The position is purely temporary and is coterminous with the project.
- The PI has the discretion to restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a
reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in
- Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to appear in the interview and no other
communications in this regard will be entertained.
- The candidate is expected to join immediately if selected.
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
Interested candidates should send their applications strictly in the attached application format via email to Principal Investigator, Dr Vinod Tiwari at [email protected] on or before 31 December 2022. Please write “Application for JRF” in the subject line of the email. The shortlisted candidates will be intimated by email. Tentative date of interview: within two weeks of the application deadline.
- Original certificates and self-attested copies of all certificates need to be presented
before the interview for verification.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to the disqualification of candidature.
- Venue of Interview – Department of Pharmaceutical Engineering & Technology, IIT
- The application should be strictly according to the attached format.
- The last date for receiving the completed application is 31 December 2022.
NOTE: The selected candidate can be considered for the PhD program after fulfilling the required criteria of IIT-BHU.
Minimum Qualification –
- B.Pharm degree and GPAT/GATE with 55% marks (equivalent grade) in M.Pharm/ M.S/M.Tech degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences/Biotechnology.
- Experience in cell culture, western blotting, RT-PCR, IHC and in-vivo animal models is desirable.
Job Profile –
In this project, the selected candidate will be working on:
- In-vitro and in-vivo models of leishmaniasis.
- Tissue harvesting
- Molecular biology techniques including western blotting, immunohistochemistry, rT-PCR, cell culture etc.
- Data entry and analysis using appropriate software such as excel, sigma stat etc
- Writing manuscripts and presenting data at conferences
Emoluments – Rs.31,000+ HRA (as applicable) per month