IISER Pune Lab Teaching Assistant Jobs For MSc, MTech Biotech & Life Sciences
The Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Pune is a premier institute
dedicated to research and teaching in the basic sciences. It was established in 2006 by the
Ministry of Human Resource Development (renamed Ministry of Education in August 2020).
In 2012, IISER Pune was declared as an Institute of National Importance by an Act of
Applicants fulfilling following advertised criteria may attend Walk-in Interview for the
Name of the post – Laboratory Teaching Assistant
No. of Posts – 02
Tenure of the appointment – Upto May 15, 2024, which may be curtailed or extended for further period subject to satisfactory performance of the incumbent and need for services.
Age limit – Not more than 35 years (Age relaxation commensurate with educational
qualification/s and / or experience/s of
the applicant may be considered for applicant/s having qualification and experience higher than the advertised with the prior approval
of the competent authority. )
How to Apply –
- Date of the walk-in interview – 10.07.2023
- Reporting Time – 9.30 AM. Candidates reporting after 10.00 AM will not be considered for the selection process
- Venue – Seminar room 24, Main Building, IISER Pune, Dr. Homi Bhabha Road, Pune 211008
At the time of Walk-in-interview, applicants need to bring the following:
- Duly filled out the prescribed application form (The link to download the same is available below advertisement link)
- All the originals and one set of self-attested photocopies of:
i. Certificate regarding date of birth
ii. Mark sheets and certificates (starting from 10th onwards) regarding educational qualification
iii. Certificate/s regarding experience/s as mentioned in the application form
iv. One Photo Identity proof (Government issued)
- One recent passport-size colour photograph.
For any queries contact on following:
General Information/details about the post-
- The appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice
- The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment / absorption in IISER Pune
- The appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of IISER
- The prescribed date for determining the upper age limit, educational qualifications or
experience shall be the last date for submitting applications.
- The prescribed educational qualification should have been obtained from recognized
Universities / Institutions.
- The prescribed educational qualifications and / or experience are the bare minimum and
mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be considered in each stage of the selection process. Where number of candidates appearing for walk-in interview is
large, it will not be convenient or possible to interview all eligible candidates. Based on
the recommendations of the Screening Committee, the number of candidates to be
considered for the interview may be restricted to a reasonable limit after taking into
consideration qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in
the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all the qualifications and experience in the application.
- In case, a selected candidate does not join or resigns after joining the post, waitlisted
candidate/s may be offered the position.
- No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.
- No interim inquiries/correspondence/communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter.
- Bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification for the
post applied for.
The incumbent is expected to do following:
- Be involved with the Biology laboratory courses taught to BS-MS students.
- Handling practical experiments, preparation of reagents, maintenance of lab equipment and training students for equipment use.
- Provide mentorship to undergraduate research experiments related to coursework and other student activities.
- Be involved in the evaluation and grading of assignments and laboratory records/reports on a weekly basis.
Minimum educational qualification – M.S / M.Sc. / M.Tech. in Life Sciences / Biotechnology or equivalent degree in related discipline with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent grade. Additional percentage cutoff may be applied during the screening process if needed.
Preference – Candidates having prior experience in teaching and handling Biology laboratory courses, and who have an aptitude for the design of new experiments will be preferred
Consolidated emoluments per month – 25,000/-