IISER Pune Lab Teaching Assistant Job For MSc, MTech Biotech, Life Sciences – Applications Invited
The Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Pune is a premier institute dedicated to research and teaching in the basic sciences. It was established in 2006 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (renamed Ministry of Education in August 2020). In 2012, IISER Pune was declared as an Institute of National Importance by an Act of
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Pune invites applications from Indian nationals for the following post purely on temporary and contractual basis:
Name of the Post: Laboratory Teaching Assistant
No. of posts: 02 (Two)
Tenure of the appointment: Upto May 15, 2024 which may be curtailed or extended for a further period subject to satisfactory performance of the incumbent and need for services.
Age limit as of the last date of submission of application :
- Not more than 35 years
- Age relaxation commensurate with educational qualification/s and / or experience/s of the applicant may be considered for applicant/s having qualification and experience higher than the advertised with the prior approval of the competent authority.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Interested candidates should send the application by email in the prescribed format available below advertisement by email (convert into PDF Format) addressed to [email protected] on or before 31.07.2023. Please mention “Name of the Post and Advt. No. 41/2023” in the subject line of the email.
- List of shortlisted candidates for selection process with date, time and other details will
be put up on the institute website below this advertisement and candidates will be
informed by e-mail only.
- Following will be collected and verified at an appropriate stage:
a) Photocopies of relevant certificates and other testimonials in support of age,
educational qualifications, experiences etc.
b) Recent passport size color photograph.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- M.S / M.Sc. / M.Tech. in Life Sciences / Biotechnology or equivalent degree in a related discipline with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent grade.
- Additional percentage cutoff may be applied during the screening process if needed.
Preference: Candidates having prior experience in teaching and handling Biology laboratory courses, and who have an aptitude for the design of new experiments will be preferred.
- Be involved with the Biology laboratory courses taught to BS-MS students
- Handling practical experiments, preparation of reagents, maintenance of lab equipment and training students for equipment use.
- Provide mentorship to undergraduate research experiments related to course work and other student activities.
- Be involved in evaluation and grading of assignments and laboratory records/reports on a weekly basis.
Consolidated emoluments per month: रु. 25,000/-