IISER Mohali DBT Funded JRF Job Opening – Applications Invited
Name of the Post: Junior Research Fellow
No. of Posts: 01
Project Titled: Sexual selection and the evolution of immune function
Project summary: The project aims to examine sexual selection and immune function in crickets. Towards this we will examine the relationship between secondary sexual characters in male crickets, immune function in crickets, female mate choice decisions and possible costs and direct/indirect benefit associated with these decisions.
No. of positions: 01
Duration: 1 year (extendable after review)
Funding Agency: Department of BioTechnology
How to Apply:
The application must be sent by email ONLY.
Email should be sent to [email protected] with the subject: ‘Application for JRF’
- A cover letter stating why you are a suitable candidate (maximum 300 words)
- Detailed CV (containing complete academic details and relevant experience)
- Copies of academic credentials (marksheet and degree)
- Certificate of qualifying exam
- Name and contact of at least two referees.
All this must be sent in a single file in .pdf form.
If required, shortlisted candidates may be asked to appear for an interview (in person or online). Please note that no TA/DA will be paid if the interview is conducted in person.
Deadline: Applications will be accepted till August 10th 2023.
Emolument: As per DBT norms.
- M.Sc. or equivalent degree in any discipline of Science or Engineering. Candidate should have cleared any national-level exam conducted by a central government department and their agencies such as DST, DBT, CSIR, UGC, IIT, ICMR etc (exams such as GATE, CSIR-UGC Net including lectureship etc.).
- Candidates with experience in ecology/evolution/behaviour/immunology/entomology will be preferred. The project has both fieldwork and lab-based experimental work. The fieldwork will be conducted during night time as the project is on nocturnal insects and will be physically demanding. So, it is critical that the candidate is highly motivated and can handle working both in field and in lab and can work with diverse team members.