ICMR-NITM Jobs – BSc, MSc Biotech, Mol Bio & Microbiology
ICMR-National Institute of Traditional Medicine, Belagavi
Nehru Nagar, National Highway No 4, Belagavi, Karnataka- 590010
Tel: 0831- 2475477
Advt. No.: Rect/Proj/2022-2023/11
Eligible candidates are invited for the walk-in interviews/skill test for the following temporary posts under ad-hoc extramural research projects to be conducted at ICMR-NITM, Belagavi on 5th January 2023 from 9:30 AM onwards.
Name of the Post: Technical Assistant (Research)
No. of Posts: 1 (UR)
Title of the Project: Model Rural Health Research Unit (MRHRU)
Upper Age Limit: 30 yrs
Duration: One year (Renewable for the project duration subject to performance and project requirements)
Posting at: Sirwar, Raichur District
Terms and Conditions:
- Interested eligible candidates may Walk-in for a Skill Test / Interview at ICMR – National Institute of Traditional Medicine, Nehru Nagar, Belagavi – 590010 as per the schedule given below, along with duly filled prescribed application form, self-attested photocopies and original documents and supporting educational qualifications and desired experience for verification. Schedule for Walk-in for Interview/ personal discussion: 05.01.2023 from 9:30 AM onwards.
- The number of vacancies is likely to vary.
- The above position for the ad-hoc extramural research project is purely on a temporary basis and a co-terminus with the project.
- Recruitment will depend upon the requirements of the project and is subject to the approval of the competent authority.
- The rate of emolument/stipend is project specific and may vary according to the sanction of the funding agency of the project depending on the availability of funds.
- Age Concession: Age relaxation is admissible in respect of SC/ST/OBC candidates, project employees and ex- Serviceman in accordance with the instructions issued by ICMR from time to time. Age concession to the extent of service rendered in other research projects will also be admissible for experienced and skilled persons, subject to the approval of the competent authority.
- The cut-off date for the age limit will be as on the date of the walk-in-interview.
- Reserved category candidates must produce their Caste Validity Certificate. OBC candidates must possess the latest valid non-creamy layer certificate.
- Qualification and experience should be in a relevant discipline/field from an Institution of repute. Experience gained after acquiring the minimum essential qualification will only be considered.
- Mere fulfilling the essential qualification does not guarantee the selection.
- Persons already in regular time-scale service under any Government Department / Organization are not eligible to apply.
- No TA/DA will be paid and candidates have to arrange transport/ accommodation themselves for the written test/ interview.
- The Institute reserves the right to consider or reject any application/candidature.
- Submission of wrong or false information during the process of selection shall disqualify the candidature at any stage.
- The selected candidate will normally be posted at the study site; however, they can be posted to any other sites in the interest of research work. They are liable to serve in any part of the country.
- Selected candidates shall not have any claim on a regular post in this Institute or in any Department of Government of India and their project service will not confer any right for further assignment or transfer to any other project or appointment/absorption in funding agency or in this institute. Benefits of Provident Fund, Pension Scheme, Leave Travel Concession, Medical claim, etc. are not admissible.
- The initial appointments will normally be for a period of one year or the period mentioned in the advertisement. Further continuation/extension of service will depend on the tenure of the project and the performance of the concerned project employee by his/her project investigator, subject to the approval of the competent authority.
- The Project Investigator and/or appointing authority reserves the right to terminate the service of project personnel even during the agreed contract period or extended contract period without assigning any reason.
- The Director, NITM reserves the right to cancel/ modify the recruitment process at any time, at his discretion.
- The decision of the Director, NITM will be final and binding.
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
- The applications not in the prescribed format will summarily be rejected.
- Further information; if any; in respect of this advertisement, will be published on our websites only.
Consolidated Emolument – Rs.20,000/- plus HRA per month
- Engage with PHCs, CHCs, District Hospitals, and other District Health Officials on various research projects.
- Plan, design and effect sample collection from fields and hospitals.
- Sample processing and analysis in the laboratory
- Upkeep and maintenance of MRHRU laboratory infrastructure and recordkeeping of all assets, including stocks and supplies for the laboratory.
- Organize training workshops, IEC and other events.
- Assist in preparing and maintaining dashboard activities and provide quarterly/annual reports for funding agencies.
- Assist the Nodal Officer/ PI in various activities of the Unit. Any other work that may be assigned by the Nodal Officer/PI.
Graduate in Microbiology/Molecular Biology/Biotechnology from a recognized university with 3 years of work experience from a recognized institution.
Master’s degree in Microbiology/Molecular Biology/Biotechnology/Biochemistry.
- Master’s degree in microbiology/Molecular Biology/Biotechnology/Biochemistry.
- Trained in research methodology, GLP.
- Experience in operating health research projects, preferably in MRUs/MRHRUs or similar schemes.
- Experience in carrying out PCR, RTPCR, Gel Electrophoresis, Haematology, and Biochemical tests.