ICAR-IARI SRF & YP Jobs For Plant Biochem/ Plant Mol Bio/ Biotech/ Plant Physiology Candidates. ICAR-IARI job openings. MSc Plant Biotech, Plant Mol Bio SRF & YP jobs. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below
Division of Biochemistry
Indian Agricultural Research Institute
New Delhi 110012
An online interview will be organized on 21st March 2023 for the recruitment of a Senior Research Fellow (ONE post) for the ICAR-NASF funded project and a Young Professional-II (ONE post) for the ICAR-CABin funded project, purely on a temporary/contractual basis, as per the particulars given below. Owing to the prevailing COVID-19 crisis, the eligible candidates are requested to send their application in the enclosed proforma (Annexure I) along with a scanned copy of the original documents (as a single PDF file) through the link [https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSezbfmpbJMeLGrwsbl2AtE8fhshAyP2XlXCbAdLs1e7kGS5g/viewform] by 15th March 2023, 05:00 pm IST.
Name of the Post – Senior Research Fellow (SRF)
No. of Posts – 01
Name of the Project – “Identification and characterization of specific genes/metabolites linked with rancidity and their bioavailability patterns in landraces and elite cultivars of pearl millet for the development of nutririch products”
Emoluments – Rs. 31000/- per month + HRA* for 1st and 2nd year @ Rs. 35,000/- per month + HRA* for 3rd year (as per ICAR norms)
Essential – Post Graduate Degree (M. Sc.) in Plant Biochemistry/ Plant Molecular Biology/ Biotechnology/ Plant Physiology/ from a recognized institution with 4/5 years of Bachelor’s degree. Candidates having 3 years of Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of Master’s degree should have NET qualification**.
Desirable Qualification – Experience in biochemical techniques/ metabolites identification and characterization/ gene cloning/ Expression analysis.
Name of the Post – Young Professional II
No. of Posts – 01
Name of the Project – “Exploring the molecular regulatory networks of nutrient use efficiency and grain quality in wheat under elevated carbon dioxide and heat stress for developing climate resilient wheat”
Emoluments – Rs 35000/- pm (consolidated)
Essential – Post Graduate Degree (M. Sc.) in Plant Biochemistry/ Plant Molecular Biology/ Biotechnology/ Plant Physiology/ Environmental Science/ Bioinformatics.
Desirable Qualification – Experience in biochemical techniques/ molecular techniques/ Omics data characterization/ gene cloning.
*The house rent allowance will be given as per the existing central government rate applicable in New Delhi.
**As per ICAR / IARI OM F. No. Edn. /6/27/2014/HRD dated July 13, 2015
Terms and conditions:
- The above positions are purely temporary and will be filled on a contractual basis. The posts are coterminous with the Project. Currently, the NASF project is sanctioned up to July 2025 and CABin project up to March 2025.
- Age limit: 35 years (Age relaxation of 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST/ women candidates as per govt. guidelines) as on 15th March 2023.
- No objection Certificate (NOC) from the current employer is required if working.
- For the SRF posts, a Master’s Degree in the relevant subject with 4 years / 5 years of Bachelor’s degree is mandatory. Candidates having a PG degree in Basic Sciences with 3 years of Bachelor’s degree and 2 years Master’s degree should have NET qualification as mentioned in the ICAR F. No. Edn. /6/27/2014/HRD dated July 13, 2015.
- Bio-data as per the format given in Annexure 1 should be uploaded on the web-link
[https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSezbfmpbJMeLGrwsbl2AtE8fhshAyP2XlXCbAdLs1e7kGS5g/viewform] along with attested copies of 10th, 12th, Undergraduation, post-graduation, Ph.D. and NET/GATE and other certificates. Affix an attested recent passport-size photograph in the Bio-data. One pdf file (< 500 MB) having the entire scanned document should be uploaded through the web link.
- The selected candidate will be required to produce all the original documents and medical certificates at the time of joining.
- No objection certificate from the employer shall be produced in case the candidate is employed elsewhere.
- Only the candidates having essential qualifications would be entertained for the interview.
- The selected candidates shall not claim regular appointments at this Institute as the post is coterminous with the respective Project.
- The interview will be conducted ONLINE.
- Concealing of facts or canvassing in any form shall lead to disqualification or termination.
- In case of any discrepancy, the English version may be treated as final.
- Institute retains the right to not select any candidate / scrap any of the positions even after the interview.