CIAB Fellowships 2023 For MSc, MTech & PhD Life Sciences Candidates, Attend Walk-In. MSc/ MTech, PhD, M.E Biotechnology/ Biochemistry/ Biology, Microbiology and Life Sciences project vacancy. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below
CENTER OF INNOVATIVE AND APPLIED BIOPROCESSING
Dept. of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology (Govt. of India)
Sector-81 (Knowledge City), PO-Manauli, SAS Nagar, Mohali -140306 (Punjab)
Website: www.ciab.res.in; Tel: 0172-5221400
Advertisement No: CIAB/79/2023-Rectt.
Walk-in-Interview on 06-03-2023
Center of Innovative and Applied Bioprocessing (CIAB) is an autonomous national institute under the Department of Biotechnology (Govt. of India). This futuristic innovation institute of its own kind in the country has a mission of advancing knowledge, leads and emerging technologies/processes relevant to the agri-food sector towards applications and products. It aims to link them with societal benefits through catalysing/promoting entrepreneurial action around bioprocesses, bio-products, value-addition to bioproducts etc. with special reference to the agri-food sector. Currently, the four major mandated R&D areas in hand at the institute are (A) Value Addition to Primary Processing Residues/ Wastes for Edible Products; (B) Valorisation
of Crop Waste for Speciality Products and Chemicals; (C) Nutritionals, nutraceuticals and upgradation of value or use of bioproducts, (D) Biosynthetic technology/synthetic biology for low volume-high value products and industrial enzymes. To support and steer this mission, the institute requires the following temporary research positions on stipendiary / fellowship basis:
(A) FELLOWSHIPS FUNDED BY CIAB FOR INTERNAL R&D PROJECTS/ACTIVITIES
Name of the Post – Junior Research Fellow / Research Associate
No. of Posts – One Position
Age limit –
- 28 years as Junior Research Fellow
- 35 years as Research Associate
- Rs. 31,000/- per month + (HRA as admissible or Hostel facility, if available) for JRF
- Rs. 47,000/- per month + (HRA as admissible or Hostel facility, if available) for RA
(a) Tenure: One Year, extendable on annual basis for subsequent years subject to satisfactory progress, institutional needs and financial provisions.
- M.Sc. in Life Sciences (Biology/Biotechnology/Biochemistry/ Microbiology) or M.E. / M. Tech (Biotechnology) from a recognized University/Institute
- NET / GATE / any other relevant equivalent nature of test qualified.
For Research Associate
- Ph.D. in Life Sciences (Biology/Biotechnology/Biochemistry/ Microbiology) or M.E. / M.Tech. (Biotechnology) from a recognized University/Institute and having at least one research paper in Science Citation Indexed (SCI) journal.
- M.E. / M. Tech. (Biotechnology) from a recognized University/Institute with at least three years of experience in industry/research/teaching.
2. Research Associate
Age limit – 35 Years
Fellowship – Rs. 47,000/- per month + (HRA as admissible or Hostel facility, if available)
(a) Tenure: One Year, extendable (post-evaluation) for subsequent years subject to satisfactory progress, institutional needs and financial provisions.
Ph.D in Chemical Engineering/Biochemical Engineering/Environmental Engineering/ Biotechnology/ Biotechnology and Bioprocess Engineering/ Life Science from a recognized University/Institute and having at least one research paper in/Science Citation Indexed (SCI) journal.
M.E./M.Tech. in Chemical Engineering/Biochemical Engineering/Biotechnology from a recognised University/Institute with at least three years experience in industry/research/teaching.
(B) FELLOWSHIPS UNDER EXTERNALLY FUNDED PROJECTS AT CIAB, MOHALI
Project Associate – One position
(a) Project Title – “Valorization of agricultural fatty acid byproducts for the biosynthesis of industrially important bioplastic monomers using multi-enzymatic cascades”
Funded by – Department of Biotechnology (Govt. of India) under ‘M. K Bhan Young Researcher Fellowship Program (MKB-YRFP).
Principal Investigator – Dr. Mahesh D. Patil, Department of Nanomaterials and Application Technology, CIAB.
Age limit – 28 Years
Tenure – One Year extendable (post-evaluation) for subsequent one more years subject to satisfactory progress, project needs and financial provisions.
- M.Sc. / M.Tech / M.Tech. (Pharm) in Biotechnology/Microbial Biotechnology/ Pharmaceutical Biotechnology/Biochemical Engineering or equivalent degrees in relevant fields from a recognized University/Institute.
- NET/GATE any other relevant equivalent nature of test qualified desirable.
- Rs. 31,000/- (HRA as admissible or Hostel facility, if available).
- Rs. 25,000/- (HRA as admissible or Hostel facility, if available) for candidates without
qualifications at point (ii) above.
2. Project Associate – One position
(a) Project Title – “Agro- Biomass derived lignin based low-cost water-resistant, self- cleaning nano films and anti-microbial applications”
Funded by – Department of Science and Technology (Govt. of India)
Principal Investigator – Dr. Jayeeta Bhaumik, Scientist-E.
Age limit – 28 Years
Tenure – Six months.
Fellowship – Rs. 25,000/- consolidated.
- M.Sc in Chemistry / Biotechnology or M. Pharm / MS Pharm (Pharmaceutics/ Industrial Pharmacy/Process Chemistry) from a recognized University/Institute.
Application Procedure –
Interested candidates may appear for a Walk-In-Interview on 06-03-2023 along with the application form available on the website www.ciab.res.in. The duly filled application form must be submitted at the time of the registration from 09:00 AM to 10:30 AM on 06-03-2023. The candidates must ascertain their eligibility before applying, as ineligible candidates would not be interviewed.
Process of Engagement
The eligible applicants would be interviewed by a duly constituted committee. The committee would recommend the candidates, if found suitable, for consideration by the competent authority for engagement purely on a Fellowship/Stipendiary basis.
- Incomplete applications and applications that are not in proper format may be summarily rejected.
- The above research opportunities are open only to Indian Nationals.
- Candidates applying for more than one position should submit separate applications for each position.
- The applications should be submitted in the prescribed format that can be downloaded from the CIAB website – www.ciab.res.in.
- Completed applications along with photocopies of all the relevant educational and experience certificates are to be submitted at the time of registration at Center of Innovative and Applied Bioprocessing (CIAB), Sector-81 (Knowledge City), Manauli P.O., S.A.S. Nagar, Mohali – 140306, Punjab from 09:00 AM to 10:30 AM on 06-03-2023.
- All the positions are based at Mohali, Punjab but some works may be assigned to be carried out at outstations also.
- The number of positions may vary.
- Relaxation of age for various categories (including woman candidates) shall be as per the rules of DST and other Government of India agencies.
- If in any area no suitable candidate is found, no selection would be made in that case.
- No TA/DA etc. would be paid for attending the walk-in interview.
- Candidates should bring their original documents for verification and one set of photocopies (for submission) of their all relevant certificates related to education, experience, publications, thesis/dissertations etc. at the time of the interview.
- Candidates found eligible after scrutiny of applications post registration shall be required to appear before a Selection Committee. Kindly note that in case there is a substantial number of applicants, the Chief Executive Officer, of CIAB reserves the right to devise such criteria as deemed fit to shortlist the candidates for the interview. If required, a written test may also be conducted to short-list candidates. The decision of the CEO, of CIAB to conduct a written test shall be final and binding on all in this respect.