Special Centre for Molecular Medicine
Jawaharlal Nehru University
Applications are invited from qualified and interested candidates for the following one (1) post of Senior Research Fellow (SRF) on a purely temporary basis for a SERB Sponsored Project (No. CRG/2022/002124-G) entitled “Study of Epigenetic Regulation of ERK-5 by Histone Methylase, Enhancer of Zeste Homolog (EZH)-2, during ox-LDL-induced endothelial to mesenchymal transition (EndMT)”.
Start Date of Advertisement: 11 October 2023
End Date of Advertisement: 24 October 2023
Salary: 35000/- per month plus HRA
Age limit: 35 years
- M.Sc. degree (with minimum 55% marks) in Life Sciences / Molecular Medicine / Biochemistry / Biotechnology or equivalent subject. Candidate must be NET-LS/GATE qualified.
- Candidate should have a minimum of 2 years of research experience in the relevant area, and experienced in mammalian cell culture (preferably primary cell culture) and molecular biology experiments such as Western blotting/RT-qPCR and cloning/siRNA transfection/Lentivirus.
The candidate should have knowledge and research experience in the area of Cardiovascular research/ Molecular Biology/ Biochemistry/ mammalian cell culture, and animal handling. Candidate should have experience in designing and executing the experiments, and hands-on experience in operating
high-end scientific equipment(s), preferably Confocal microscopy/Fluorescence microscopy/FACS.
The selected candidate will be expected to perform all assigned tasks related to this project, primarily performing bench work & experiments, acquiring, storing, and maintaining data, and operating scientific equipment including FACS/Confocal microscopy/Fluorescence microscopy. The candidate will also be expected to participate in the preparation and coordination of work reports, participate in the purchase of items as per the latest GFR 2017/JNU rules, processing of bills, recordkeeping, etc.
General Terms & Conditions
- Candidates must ascertain their eligibility before applying. Incomplete applications or lacking supporting educational/experience certificates and applications of ineligible candidates will be summarily rejected.
- The position is completely temporary and coterminous with the duration of the project. The fellowship will be strictly as per the sanction of the project by the funding agency.
- The initial appointment may be for three months or as per the recommendation of the selection committee, which can be extended based on the assessment of the candidate’s performance and the discretion of the competent authority.
- In case of unsatisfactory performance, the appointment is liable to be terminated at any time without any warning and/or notice.
- Mere meeting the minimum eligibility is not a guarantee for being called for an interview.
- The selection committee will shortlist candidates based on their experience, qualifications, and suitability for the project, and only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
- JNU reserves the right to relax any of the qualification(s)/criteria if the candidate is found otherwise well qualified by the selection committee.
- The appointed candidate is required to give an advance notice of 3 months before leaving the current position.
- Applications (soft copy only) are invited from suitable and eligible candidates who can send their complete application including a cover letter detailing experience, a detailed CV, reprints, if any, and attested copies of certificates and proof of relevant experience. The names of three referees with complete addresses (including e-mail) must also be provided.
- The complete application should reach us on or before 24 October 2023 by e-mail attachment on email i.d. [email protected]. The email subject should be mentioned as: “Application for Senior Research Fellow (SRF)”
Prof Umesh C S Yadav,
3C (FF), Special Centre for Molecular Medicines,
Jawaharlal Nehru University,
Off. Phone: 011-26739170
- The interview will be conducted preferably in offline mode. Online options may be provided to the candidate on valid grounds such as living in a faraway state or on medical grounds.
- Only short-listed candidates will be communicated by email for the interview.
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
- All candidates are advised to bring their original documents/certificates for verification at the time of the interview.
For more details and to apply, please visit the original notification.