SRISTI JRF Job Opening For MSc, MTech Agricultural Sciences Candidates
File No. SRISTI/LBNF/2023/0003
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in a time-bound multi-institutional collaborative research project for a purely contractual period as per the following details:
Name of the Position: Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
No. of Positions: 01
Project Title: Low-Budget Natural Farming (LBNF): Underpinning the Gujarat agro-climatic zones’ soil-specific natural farming practices for sustainable and climate-resilient agriculture
Funding Agency: Gujarat State Biotechnology Mission, Government of Gujarat
Principal Investigator: Dr. Amarchand Chordia Murugan
Age Limit: Up to 31 years from the closing date of the advertisement
Fellowship Duration: Till the end of the project: 3 years (subject to satisfactory performance)
How to Apply:
For applications, please send a 1-page cover letter (highlighting your interest and relevant experience) and CV (with contact information for 3 references) to
[email protected] with the subject line “LBNF project-JRF application”. Candidates who have been shortlisted for interviews will be notified. The mere possession of minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview invitation. Candidates will be shortlisted based on their merit and the project’s requirements.
Eligibility Minimum Qualifications: M.Sc./ M. Tech Soil Science (preferred) & Agricultural Chemistry/Agronomy/Agricultural Sciences with a minimum of 55% marks.
- Candidates who have qualified for the CSIR-UGC-NET/DBT-JRF/ICMR-JRF/GATE/ICAR-NET etc., national-level exams will be preferred.
- Candidates having experience in soil physiochemical, soil fatty acids, carbon, and nitrogen cycle assessment are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates with soil metagenomics, metabarcoding, and other molecular biology experiences are preferred.
- Candidates must travel for field-site sample collection, field trials, collaboration, and networking with other partnering institutions under the project.
- Candidates having proficiency in English and scientific writing are preferred.
Job Description: JRFs will conduct experiments in natural farming sites, soil biogeochemistry, soil microbial dynamics, metagenomics, metabarcoding, drought, and salinity stress at the field level. They will develop a cross-domain understanding of the soil health rejuvenation process.