Govt MoEFCC Scientist Recruitment With Up to Rs. 2 Lakh pm Pay For Botany, Zoology, Life Sciences
Govt MoEFCC Scientist Recruitment With Up to Rs. 2 Lakh pm Pay For Botany, Zoology, Life Sciences. Govt MoEFCC Scientist Recruitment 2022. Govt MoEFCC Scientist Recruitment. Interested and eligible applicants can check out all of the details on the same below
Government of India
Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change
Indira Paryavaran Bhawan, Jor Bagh Road, New Delhi – 110003.
Advertisement No. 01/01/2022 – P. III
Applications are invited from Indian citizens for filling up of twenty-seven (27) posts of Scientists on Direct Recruitment basis in the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change including its subordinate offices as per details given below:
ZOOLOGICAL SURVEY OF INDIA (ZSI)
Three (03) posts of Scientist – ‘C’ in Level -11, Rs. 67700 – 208700 of Pay Matrix of CCS (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016
Post No.15-17/C/ZSI – [ UR-2 ] & [ UR-1 PwBD-1 OL / OA category ]
Physical requirements for PwBD category: Bending, Standing, writing, Seeing, Hearing and Reading and Writing
Master’s Degree in Zoology from a recognized University/Institute with 03 years of
experience in research in an academic institution or scientific and technological
organization in the relevant field after possessing the minimum qualifications required for
the post with special reference to Systematics, Morphology and Ecology of animals.
Doctorate in Zoology from a recognized University/Institute.
- Knowledge of the International Code of Zoological Nomenclature ;
- Working knowledge of any of the foreign languages – Latin, German, French &
- Experience in conducting field surveys and guiding research
Area of Experience: Protozoa / Sponges / Annelida / Helminthes / Mollusca / Arthropod / Echinodermata / Fishes / Amphibia / Reptiles / Birds / Mammals.
Duties and Job Requirements (For posts No. 14/E/ZSI and 15-17/C/ZSI)
- Research on Taxonomy, Morphology, Ecology and Zoo-geography of animals under
- Supervision and co-ordination of work in different scientific sections under the respective
- Helping the Director in administrative matters.
Place of Posting for Posts of ZSI – Anywhere in India
NATIONAL MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY (NMNH)
(a) One (01) Post of Scientist – ‘C’ in Level -11, Rs. 67700- 208700 of Pay Matrix of CCS (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016
Post No. 26/C/NMNH – (UR-1)
Essential Educational Qualification
(1) Master’s Degree in Botany or Zoology or Geology or Bio-Sciences or Life Sciences
or Environmental Science or Wildlife Biology from a recognized University/Institute;
(2) (i) Diploma or certificate course in Museology of a duration of not less than one year;
(ii) Two years’ experience of working in a State or National Museum preferably in the
Natural History Sections; and
(3) Three years of experience in Museum field excluding the essential experience as
mentioned at 2(ii) above.
Duties and Job Requirements (For post No. 26/C/NMNH)
- Curatorial responsibilities related with development and management of natural history
collections, exhibitions and related educational and extension services.
- Planning, development and organization of museum collections, exhibitions and
- Planning, development and execution of thematic exhibits of permanent and temporary
- Maintenance and documentation of reserve collection and exhibits.
Place of Posting (for Post No.26/C/NMNH) – Anywhere in India
BOTANICAL SURVEY OF INDIA (BSI) – 01 Post
One (01) post of Scientist – ‘C’ in Level -11, Rs. 67700 – 208700 of Pay Matrix of
CCS (Revised Pay) Rules, 2016
Post No.27/C/BSI [ UR-1 ]
(i) Master’s Degree in Natural Science (Botany) or Agricultural Science with 03 years
Doctorate in Natural Science (Botany) or Agricultural Science.
(ii) The experience may be in the field of taxonomy of Angiosperms/Gymnosperms/
Pteridophytes/ Bryophytes/ Lichens/ Fungi/ Algae.
(a) Knowledge of International Code or Botanical Nomenclature, and
(b) Knowledge of one or more of the foreign languages viz. Latin, German, French
Area of Experience: Plant Taxonomy.
Duties and Job Requirements (For post No. 27/C/BSI)
To identify plant. To prepare scientific reports on field of herbarium specimens. To understand field excursion. To supervise the work of Scientific Assistant and Technical Assistant. Identification of specimens in Regional/National Herbaria preparation of Floristic accounts of Angiosperms, Algae, Bryophytes, Pteridophytes, Gymnosperms, Fungi, Lichens. Supervision of the work of Scientific Assistant and help and assistance to the Officer-in-charge of the office and any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Place of Posting (for posts No. 27/C/BSI) – BSI, Kolkata but likely to be posted anywhere in India.
- 50 Years for the post of Scientist ‘F’
- 45 years for the post of Scientist ‘E’
- 40 years for the post of Scientist ‘D’
- 35 years for the post of Scientist ‘C’ and Scientist ‘B’
The age limit is relaxable by 5 years in case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes and by 3 years in case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes (OBCs). The age limit is also relaxable by five years for Government servants in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time. The age limit is also relaxable for Persons with Benchmark Disability (PwBD) and Ex-servicemen in accordance with the instructions issued by the Government of India
General Instructions, Essential Information and Clarifications:
- The candidates of only Indian Nationality can apply for these posts.
- There is No Application Fee for applying to any post.
- The Candidates must carry the original photo id proof which has been mentioned in the application, at the time of interview, if shortlisted.
- The Ministry reserves the right to post the selected candidates anywhere in India.
- Experience specified for the above posts shall be the experience acquired after obtaining the Essential Educational qualifications prescribed for the post.
- Applicants are advised to ensure before applying that they possess essential qualification and experience for the post. The Experience, Qualification and age will be reckoned as on the last date of receipt of applications i.e 22nd January,2023. No updating of qualification and experience will be entertained after the last date.
- Application once submitted cannot be altered/resubmitted, under any circumstances. Further, no request with respect to making changes in any data/ particulars entered by the candidate in the Online Application will be entertained, once the application is submitted. Therefore, please keep all data/details ready before you start filling up the Application Online.
- The persons applying for more than one post must apply separately.
- Ministry shall verify the antecedents and documents in support of the details furnished by the candidates in the application form at any time, at the time of appointment or during the tenure of service. In case, it is found that the Applicants have submitted fake documents or the applicants have undesirable clandestine antecedents/background and have suppressed the material information, his/her services shall be liable to be terminated.
- The character of a person for direct recruitment to the service must be such as to render him/her suitable in all respect for appointment to the service. Persons dismissed by the Union Government or by a State Government/ UTs or by a Local Authority or a Government Corporation owned or controlled by the Central Government or State Government will be deemed to be ineligiblefor appointment.
- In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection which may be detected at any stage even after the issuance of appointment letter, Ministry reserves the right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to theApplicants.
- The reservations/relaxations policy for SC/ST/OBC/PWD/EWS applicants will be as per the existing Govt. of India policy. Applicants applying for the reserved posts should clearly state to which category they belong.
- The appointment against EWS category is provisional and subject to the Income and Asset certificate being verified through proper channel and if the verification reveals that the claim to belong to EWS is fake/false, the services will be terminated forthwith without assigning any further reasons and without prejudice to such further action as may be taken under the provision of the Indian Penal Code for production of fake/false certificate.
- The persons with Degree of Disability of 40% and above are eligible for applying for the PWD.
- The applicants serving in Govt./Semi. Govt./PSUs/Autonomous Organization must obtain No Objection Certificate from their employer and produce it at the time of documents verification. In case the applicant fails to submit the No Objection Certificate from his employer, his candidature will not be considered.
- Canvassing in any form on behalf of or by any applicant will disqualify him/her from being considered for post.
- All the appointees shall be governed by the New Pension Scheme (NPS) introduced
by Govt. of India.
- Appointments under Direct Recruitment are regular in nature with a probation Period
as per Govt. of India norms and the same shall be confirmed depending upon
satisfactory completion of the probation period.
- The Ministry reserves the right to:
(a) Withdraw the advertisement either partly or wholly at any time withoutassigning
any reason to this effect.
(b) Fill or not to fill up some or all the posts advertised for any reasons whatsoever
(c) Increase/decrease the number of posts without giving any reason.
(d) Any addition/deletion and changes in matter of terms and conditionsgiven in this
notification of recruitment.
- Request for change of mailing address or e-mail address or Mobile No. during the process of recruitment will not be entertained under any circumstances. Ministry will not be responsible for any loss of e-mail, loss of any communication due to wrong address provided by the candidates.
- Applicants shall have to produce original testimonials at the time of document verification.
- Any corrigendum/addendum pertaining to this advertisement shall be published on Ministry’s website only. Accordingly, all applicants in their own interests are advised to regularly visit Ministry’s website i.e. http://envfor.nic.in.
- Travel allowance will be paid for travel by train (AC 3-Tier) / ordinary bus to and fro from the nearest Railway Station, as indicated in your application bythe shortest route to New Delhi on production of tickets for journeys within the territory of India for attending this interview. The candidates already employed in the Attached/Subordinate/ Regional Offices/Autonomous Organisations of this Ministry may claim the TA from their parent office itself.No TA will be paid by this Ministry to them. It may please be noted that no airfare is reimbursable in any circumstances. Candidates residing outside India will travel to India/back at their own cost and expenses.
- Candidates, who have obtained Degrees or Diplomas or Certificates for various courses from any Institution declared fake/de-recognized by the UGC/AICTE/PCI shall not be eligible for being considered for recruitment to the posts advertised. If this is detected at any stage during their service, theirservice will be terminated forthwith.
- No interim correspondence whatsoever will be entertained from Applicants. However, the candidates can contact Helpline at 011- 20819387.in the event of any difficulty in submitting the application form.
- In case of any dispute/ambiguity that may occur in the process of selection, the decision of the Competent Authority of Ministry in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of applications, mode of selection, conductof interview will be final and no query or correspondence will be entertained inthis connection from any applicant.
- No person shall be recruited unless he/she is in good mental and physical health. Candidates who are finally approved for the appointment, shall produce Medical Certificate from an authorized Government Medical Officer at the time of joining the Ministry.
- A Candidate’s admission to Interview and subsequent processes is strictly provisional. The mere fact that the call letter has been issued to the candidate does not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by the Ministry. The Ministry would be free to reject any application, at any stage of the process, cancel the candidature of the candidate in case it is detected at any stage that a candidate does not fulfill the eligibility norms and/or that he/she has furnished any incorrect/false information/Certificate/ documents or has suppressed any material fact(s). If any of these deficiencies is/are detected after appointment in the Ministry, their services are liable to be summarily terminated as per rules.
- Errors and omissions in notification and selection process are subject to corrections as per rules.
- The candidates having a valid Ph.D. shall mention the dates of their registration and completion for the said Ph.D., failing which the Ph.D. will not be considered during initial screening.
- The prescribed educational qualifications and experience are minimum and itwould be open to the Ministry to restrict the number of candidates to be interviewed to a reasonable limit by adopting qualifications and experience ofa higher level than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement, by way of initial screening through a duly constituted Departmental Screening Committee.
- Only the papers which are published in NAAS (National Academy of Agricultural Sciences) rated journals and that too in the relevant field of experience as required in the post applied for, will be considered for evaluation. The NAAS journal ID should invariably be mentioned for each publication failing which they would not be considered for evaluation. Papers submitted or which are under review process will also not be considered.
- The ISBN number of the book published should invariably be mentioned, failing which they would not be considered for evaluation. The applicant mustbe the sole author or one of the co-authors and where the total number of authors shall not exceed three, to be eligible for evaluation. Chapter(s) or contributions made to a book would not construe as a published book.
- Applications should be submitted online within 30 days of publication in the Employment News/ Rozgar Samachar. The applicants are advised to submit their applications as early as possible without waiting for the last date.
- The applicants are required to upload their photographs (coloured photographs with white background) of the prescribed size and theirspecimen signature while submitting the applications. Persons working in Government/Public Sector Undertakings/ Autonomous Organizations should submit their applications through proper channel andduly upload the certificate as given in Annexure-A of the ‘Proforma for Application’ in accordance with the instructions at Para No 37 below.
- Persons working in Government/Public Sector Undertakings/Autonomous Organizations should submit their applications through proper channel and duly upload the certificate as given in Annexure-A (download Annexure-A from the Home page of recruitment portal). The applicants may download and get a printout of application for obtaining approval of the Competent Authority of their organization for forwarding the application. It may be noted that (a) Annexure-A where the date is not mentioned and/or (b) official sealof the forwarding authority is not affixed will be treated as incomplete and would be summarily rejected.
- Persons working in Government/Public Sector Undertakings/Autonomous Organizations and applying for a post which is equivalent to his present post or equivalent to his promotion post, should note that if they are short-listed for the interview they will be required to furnish physical certified copies of ACRs/APARs for the immediately preceding 5 years orthe actual period of his/her service, in the event of his/her working / teaching/research as the case may be, is in an organization or post where ACRs/APARs are mandatory. In case the candidate is applying fora post which is more than one level above his current post, 3 ACRs APARs per level of jump is to be provided in addition to ACRs/APARs asmentioned in the preceding sentence. The physical copies of the ACRs/APARs are to be provided only when called for and need not be uploaded at this stage.
- The candidates will have to furnish the certificates/proof of details in respect of the information furnished by them in the Application form including the certificates/ documents in support of their educational qualifications, date of birth, category ( SC/ST/OBC/EWS/PWD) ,publication Papers/ Books etc. as and when asked to submit the same by the MoEF&CC. Failure to do so will result in rejection of their applications.
- The requisite experience mentioned against the posts imply experience in the area(s) mentioned in the Detailed Advertisement only which should be clearly mentioned in the relevant column (Nature of duties / experience) of the application form.
- The following email ID will be used by the Ministry for communications with the candidates to their registered email IDs, if required: email@example.com.