Food Science Lab Technician Job at Mars Wrigley
Location: Pune, Maharashtra, India
Job ID: R78585
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Carry out day to day Lab analysis, CoA verification for RM/PM and Control issue through SAP
- Provides deep technical expertise in all aspects of laboratory and analysis in physiochemical & microbiological for Raws , Packs , finished goods, , water and environmental samples.
- Managing and coordinating activities of existing external labs and validating and establishing Mars standards in any new upcoming external lab.
- Provide Technical support to the activities of product /pack development, releasing of raws, pack & finished products and to any type of root cause activity in manufacturing processes. Provides technical guidance and remain responsible for calibration of all equipment.
- Lead functional expertise in risk assessment & analysis of raw, pack & FG for pune business and manage all data in GSQA/Nexus/Global software platforms
- Forecast & manage Laboratory Budget (OPEX) related to testing & operations
- Support the development and implementation of global Q&FS laboratory Standards
- Support local New Product & pack Development activities by providing timely and accurate testing services
- Take part in development of HACCP, for manufacturing unit to assure manufacturing processes and environments are safe from all hazards.
- Lead key projects that generate step changes in RM/PM management and performance (processes, standards and tools) within the manufacturing unit .
- Act as troubleshooting resource to investigate and correct RM/PM related non-conformities at sites, contract vendors and suppliers.
- Managing Mars global proficiency test for internal and external labs. Ensure RCA & CAPA in place for any deviation observed in PT z score for in-house & external lab.
- Participate & contribute in all internal and external audits viz., MARS Technical Audit, LRQA certification Audits, RSPO Audits, FSSC and implement corrective actions for Audit findings. Provide reports and analysis where necessary.
- Manage all inputs to MQM /PQM /GSQA on Trials/Non-Conformances/Corrective actions Design and execute competency development programs related to functional domain for Supply, R&D, and other functions as required
- Drive Quality & Food Safety related continuous Improvement programmes
- Govern the compliance to MDM tool and provide the input within defined TAT.
- Approve Artworks as per Q&FS mandated checks Govern the Mars standards and ensure the compliance to IVT/Mold & Mycotoxin/Hold & release/Bulk unloading/Traceability /NC Management.
Qualifications and Skills
- Food science, Engineering, Chemistry or equivalent BSc/ MSc degree is preferred.
- Knowledge of quality management system – FSSC22000, and quality program GMP/ Hygienic design, familiar with legal food safety requirement, food process technology.
- Problem-solving skill and systematic thinking.
- Communication and influencing skill.
- We would prefer female candidates for this role.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by the Five Principles.
- Join a purpose-driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry-competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Keywords: Food Science Lab Technician, Mars Wrigley, Quality & Food Safety, Senior Technician, Quality Management System, Laboratory Analysis, Physiochemical Analysis, Microbiological Analysis, Raw Materials, Packaging Materials, Finished Goods, Water, Environmental Samples, Global Q&FS Laboratory Standards, Risk Assessment, Root Cause Analysis, Corrective Actions, HACCP, Proficiency Tests, Audits, Continuous Improvement. Food Science Lab Technician Job at Mars Wrigley. Please ensure you are subscribed to the Getmicrobiologyjobs Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of the latest industry news. Follow us on social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook