Faculty Position at IBAB in Computational Biology/Genomics, Apply Now
Faculty Position in Computational Biology/Genomics at IBAB
IBAB seeks to appoint a faculty in the area of Computational Biology with a strong focus on Genomics and analysis of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data using Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) for its innovative Masters Programme in Big Data Biology
Primary responsibilities include
- Teaching various courses in the new M.Sc. programme in Big Data Biology including Data Structures and Algorithms, Machine Learning (ML), Computer Programming in Python, JAVA, etc., application of AI and ML techniques to biological and clinical data analysis, genomics, and NGS data analysis.
- Developing strong, extramurally funded and collaborative research programmes in computational biology, genomics, imaging and AI/ML for biological, and clinical data.
- Supporting institutional research and academic programmes, and participating actively in institutional activities
- Ph.D. in Computational Biology
- Strong publication track-record relevant to biological data analysis
- Strong experience in the analysis of NGS data including application of AI/ML
- Experience in scripting and implementation of algorithms in programming languages including Python, Java, R, etc. and the applications of AI and ML for analyzing biological and clinical data
- Minimum of two years of post-doctoral/ industrial experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple audiences
- Evidence of commitment to teaching and training
Remuneration: Remuneration will be commensurate with expertise and experience
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can apply with their CV (with the names and details of atleast three referees), a cover letter and a brief description of the research programme they would like to initiate at IBAB to the Director, IBAB by email [email protected] on or before 31st July 2023.
Shortlisted candidates would be invited for a teaching session followed by a presentation of their research program and a personal interview.
The Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology (IBAB)is a unique institute engaged in education, research and entrepreneur support programs and is based at Electronic City, Bangalore. IBAB’s mission is to catalyze the growth of the biotechnology and bioinformatics industries in India. IBAB offers a distinctive master degree programme with dual specialization in bioinformatics and applied biotechnology and innovative Masters Programme in Big Data (in) Biology besides its interdisciplinary PhD and Post Doctoral programmes. The objective of these programmes is to train the students in emerging areas of Genomics, Algorithms and application of AI and ML for the analysis of biological and clinical data. The institute has strong research programs in various disciplines as evidenced by the publication track record of the faculty. It has an excellent infrastructure and an ambience suited for advanced research in the areas mentioned above. For more details, please visit www.ibab.ac.in.