Junior Research Fellow (JRF) at Special Centre for Molecular Medicine
Position: Junior Research Fellow (JRF) (One position)
Salary: 31000/- per month plus HRA
- Candidates with an M.Sc. degree (with minimum 55% marks) in Life Sciences / Molecular Medicine / Biochemistry / Biotechnology or equivalent subject. The student qualified for NET-LS/GATE will be given preference.
- Candidate should have research experience in mammalian cell culture (preferably primary cell culture) and molecular biology experiments such as Western blotting/RT-qPCR/cloning.
The candidate, desirably, should have research experience in the area of Respiratory research/ Cancer biology / Molecular Biology/ Biochemistry/ Animal cell culture (3D culture), and animal handling / must have hands-on experience in operating high-end scientific equipment(s), preferably Confocal microscopy/Fluorescence microscopy/FACS.
The selected candidate will be expected to perform all assigned tasks primarily performing the bench work
& experiments, acquiring, storing, and maintaining data, and operating scientific equipment including FACS/Confocal microscopy/Fluorescence microscopy. The candidate will also be expected to participate in the preparation and coordination of work reports, participate in the purchase of items as per the latest GFR 2017/JNU rules, processing of bills, record keeping, etc.
General Terms & Conditions
- Candidates must ascertain their eligibility before applying. Incomplete applications or lacking supporting educational/experience certificates and applications of ineligible candidates will be summarily rejected.
- The position is completely temporary and coterminous with the duration of the project. The fellowship will be strictly as per the sanction of the project by the funding agency.
- The initial appointment may be for three months or as per the recommendation of the selection committee, which can be extended on the basis of assessment of the candidate’s performance and the discretion of the competent authority.
- In case of unsatisfactory performance, the appointment is liable to be terminated at any time without any warning and/or notice.
- Mere meeting the minimum eligibility is not a guarantee for being called for an interview.
- The selection committee will shortlist candidates based on their experience, qualifications, and suitability for the project, and only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
- JNU reserves the right to relax any of the qualification(s)/criteria in case the candidate is found otherwise well qualified by the selection committee.
- The appointed candidate is required to give an advance notice of 3 months before leaving from the current position.
How to Apply
Applications (soft copy only) are invited from suitable and eligible candidates who can send their complete application including a cover letter detailing experience, a detailed CV, reprints, if any, and attested copies of certificates and proof of relevant experience. The names of three referees with complete addresses (including e-mail) must also be provided. The complete application should reach us on or before 23 October 2023 by e-mail attachment on email i.d. [email protected]. The email subject should be mentioned as: “Application for Junior Research Fellow (JRF)”
Prof Umesh C S Yadav
3C (FF), Special Centre for Molecular Medicines,
Jawaharlal Nehru University,
Off. Phone: 011-26739170
- The interview will be conducted preferably offline. Online options may be provided on valid grounds such as living in a faraway state or on medical grounds.
- Only short-listed candidates will be communicated by email for the interview.
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
- All the candidates are hereby advised to bring their original documents/certificates for verification at the time of the interview.
Link to the original notification: Click here