Job Name: Product Development Specialist
Job ID 263760
Date posted 04/04/2023
Location : Gurgaon, India
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Product Development Specialist will handle chocolate and compounds product development duties for the organization. In this role, you will formulate and develop new chocolate and compound products, provide technical advice and support to customers and field staff during and after the sale of chocolate and compound products. You will support senior staff and
leaders for ideation to identify and implement technical solutions against business objectives.
- Work with technical service partners to identify customer needs and translate these into new product development opportunities.
- Develop, implement and test procedures needed to build products efficiently and cost effectively.
- Track product issues and report data to business.
- Prepare scientific reports or datasheets that detail the organization’s products and their applications.
- Manage the design of products and recommend production methods.
- Conduct and organize all project plans, resources and take part in project execution.
- Ensure projects are achievable and align with procedural standards.
- Provide training, coaching and mentoring to new team members.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Manage direct reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the application of analytical instrumentation principles, concepts, practices and standards
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Master’s degree in any food related stream
- Minimum of five years of related work experience
- Intermediate computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively as an individual and in a team environment
- Ability to solve complex technical problems in product development and advise production teams
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of food safety, safety, quality, productivity, and cost
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with large projects extending over a period of time
- Experience conducting work in a manufacturing environment
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Results oriented with emotional intelligence, energetic, good influencing skills