NIBMG BTech & MSc Life Sciences Research Recruitment
Advertisement No. NIBMG/ADMIN/ESTB/PROJ. RECTT. /2023-24/233 Date: 06-10-2023
Applications are invited for the positions of Data Analyst(Project Linked Persons) for extramural projects as per details given below. The candidate will be initially appointed up to 15-01-2024.
The Genome India Project is a Multi-Centre, Multi-Institutional Project which aims at performing whole genome sequencing (WGS) of at least 10,000 individuals representing the Indian population in order to create a detailed catalogue of genetic variations. The information from the catalogue will be made publicly available through a web portal. The global databases till date have been extremely Eurocentric and although India is the land of more than one-sixth of the world population and harbours huge amount of genetic variation only comparable to Africa, it has been largely underrepresented in genome-wide studies of variation. This project, after completion, will be a value addition to the existing databases cataloguing genetic variations in different global populations and will supplement the global scientific community’s long-standing demand of having commensurate representation of populations
from the Indian sub-continent on the global map. It will be an immense scientific resource for the country and the international scientific community as it moves to the future into the realm of genomics driven health sciences.
NIBMG is looking for motivated and bright individuals interested in exploring career opportunities in this multi-organization national initiative, of which NIBMG has a lead role to perform.
Name of the Post: Data Analyst
No. of Posts: 01
Essential Qualifications: B. Tech / M.Sc. in Life Sciences/ Computer Sciences/ Allied Sciences
- PhD/MSc which involved analysis of genotype data.
- Ability and experience in handling large scale data
- Experience of working in the Unix environment
Nature of Duty:
- Planning and Execution of data analysis in a time bound manner
- Deployment and maintenance of software analysis pipelines and tools for genomic applications
Consolidated Remuneration [INR] Per month: 31000
- Please visit our website www.nibmg.ac.in for further information.
- No TA/DA will be provided for attending the Interview.
- The decision of NIBMG in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of application, mode of selection, and conduct of interviews will be final and binding on the candidates. In exceptionally meritorious cases, the eligibility requirements may be relaxed by the competent authority.
Walk-in interview: Date: 13-10-2023 (Friday) at 11.00 AM
Reporting Time and Venue:
Following documents are required at the time of interview:
- Curriculum Vitae along with reprints of publications, if any
- One Passport-size colored Photograph
- Original and one Self-Attested Copies of Certificates of Educational Qualifications
- Original and one Self-Attested Copies of Experience Certificates
- Original and one Self-Attested Copies Govt. issued Photo ID proof (Preferably Aadhar Card)
How to reach:
The Institute is located close to the Kalyani Main Station. If you are coming by train, please get off at Kalyani Main Station, cross the railway tracks towards Platform# 3 using the overbridge and take a Rickshaw/ e-Rickshaw from Sangam Cinema Hall to “NIBMG Campus or Project Site”. Please check https://www.nibmg.ac.in/p/reach-us for further information.