BITS Pilani JRF Vacancy For MSc, MTech Biotech, Botany & Biological Sciences
Job Posting: Research Fellow Position at BITS Pilani
Company: BITS Pilani
* The selected candidate is encouraged to join PhD Program of BITS Pilani. Interested candidates may check the eligibility criteria and qualification process of the PhD program of BITS Pilani here.
Scope of Work
- This is a cross-disciplinary work involving plant physiology, plant biochemistry, and computer science.
- Understanding the growth characteristics, phenotyping, and biochemical characterization along with artificial intelligence approaches for environmental impact evaluation of desert plants.
Fellowship: ₹37,000 – ₹42,000 per month (based on the year of PhD and performance)
Essential Qualification: M.Sc./ M.Tech. in Biotechnology / Botany or related biological science disciplines (with first division as defined by the awarding Institute/ University)
- Basic programming skills (Python, Java, R)
- Basic Unix Server admin (BASH shell)
- Data visualization and Plotting tools (Gnuplot)
- LaTex for report writing
Willingness to learn these topics by learnings in additional courses in computer science area within a period of 2.5 years from the date of joining.
- Candidates with wet-lab experience in plant physiology/ biochemistry will be preferred.
- Candidates with CSIR/UGC-NET or valid GATE score are encouraged to apply.
Duration: As per BITS Pilani norms. Learn more here.
Place of Work: BITS Pilani, Pilani Campus, Rajasthan 333031
- Deadline: 05 October 2023
- Preliminary shortlisting will be based on resume and/or telephonic/audio-visual interview within a week of the last date of application.
- For the final interview, the candidate will be informed through e-mail/Phone. No TA/DA will be provided in case of a personal interview.
Dr. Mukul Joshi
Department of Biological Sciences
BITS Pilani, Pilani Campus, Rajasthan
Email address: [email protected]