BIRAC Life Sciences, Biotech, Microbiology Job With Up to Rs. 2.7 Lakh pm Pay
Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) is a not-for-profit Section 8, Schedule B, Public Sector Enterprise, under Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Government of India as an Interface Agency to strengthen and empower the emerging Biotech enterprise to undertake strategic research and innovation, addressing nationally relevant product development needs.
As a Government of India enterprise, BIRAC endeavors to bring professionalism, transparency and efficiency into its functioning while providing support to catalyse the transformation of the emerging Indian bio-economy. It has a very special and unique governance structure and a very carefully developed workforce strategy that includes an enabling work environment, a work culture that is caring, fosters excellence and hires the most talented and professional workforce.
BIRAC is inviting applications from qualified, experienced and ambitious professionals for the following position:
Vacancy Ref. No: BIRAC/PMU/VAC/82/June-2023
Position: Program Manager (Strategy & Policy)
Position Code: PM-08
No. of Vacancies: 01 [One]
Age Limit: Not more than 38 years as of the date of closing of applications.
Summary & Responsibilities: The Manager will serve in the Program Management Unit chartered under the DBT, BIRAC and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation partnership in Grand Challenges India. The Manager will be responsible for providing comprehensive program, strategy, and policy management support to senior leaders within the organization. The Manager will work closely with senior leaders to ensure the effective implementation and execution of various programs and initiatives.
Attached to the office of Senior Management (Chairperson and Managing Director, BIRAC) and reporting to Mission Director – GCI, the Manager will have the opportunity to interact and work with thought leaders and leading scientists both in India and internationally; contribute strategic thinking and forward-looking analysis in relevant areas; communicate progress and setbacks against strategic goals; and importantly create and manage programs.
Employees of Central / State Govts and or other CPSEs should send a copy of their applications through the proper channel in a sealed envelope at below-mentioned address:-
Head [Human Resource & Administration]
Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC)
1st Floor, MTNL Building
9, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road
Last date of submission of application: 18th July ,2023
Notwithstanding anything contained herein or elsewhere; the decisions taken by BIRAC shall be binding upon all concerned.
In case of any query, drop an email to:
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Provide program management support to senior leaders within the organization.
- Conduct policy analysis to assess the impact, feasibility, and effectiveness of proposed
- Develop and maintain project documentation, including project plans, status reports, and project tracking tools.
- Conduct regular meetings with senior leaders to provide project updates, review progress, and address any issues or concerns.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders to ensure program objectives are aligned with
organizational goals and priorities.
- Work closely with stakeholders to ensure effective communication and collaboration
throughout the program lifecycle.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including program participants, partners, and vendors.
- Assist in the communication and dissemination of policies to relevant stakeholders and ensure compliance.
- In addition to technical and operational expertise, the Manager must also bring passion, humility, and critical thinking for the unique problems and the questions relevant to GCI’s mission.
- Represent DBT, BIRAC, and the Grand Challenges India, with the team, to the external
world as deputed by Senior Leadership;
- Undertake special projects, as requested.
Qualifications & Experience
- PhD in Life Sciences/ Microbiology/ Biotechnology/ Biochemistry, with broad and deep knowledge related to strategy development and policy making, and managing complex programs with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience – 6 years (Minimum 2 Years of experience in strategic analysis or application of new strategies for business expansion or business development and alliance integration), including PhD.
Desirable Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in preparing landscape reports and strategic planning, policy development, and program management.
- Experience in the research and analysis to identify emerging trends, best practices, and
policy implications relevant to the organization.
- Experience in the formulation and implementation of strategic initiatives, including action plans, timelines, and performance indicators.
- Strong analytical, writing, editing, and verbal skills for communicating with diverse range of partners.
- Ability to credibly convene and manage diverse partners, filter information, frame issues, and facilitate high-quality decision-making around multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Committed to delivering results against the mission and holds self to the highest ethical
- Demonstrated critical thinking and business judgment; able to work with efficiency &
diplomacy, and able to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Strong planning and analytical skills. Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated capacity and initiative to solve problems with energy and positive attitude.
- Ability to organize/prioritize work and meet deadlines within a fast-paced environment with multiple and competing demands.
- Proactive and flexible nature with reliable follow-through and attention to detail.
- Ability to work both in a cooperative and collegial fashion as well as independently.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
Preference – Will be given to candidates who have previous work experience in similar positions in Govt. and academic settings.
Consolidated Remuneration: The consolidated fee shall be fixed between Rs.90,000/- to Rs.2,70,000/- per month depending on the experience and qualifications.