WWF India Programme Officer Job For Life Sciences – Apply Online
Job role: Senior Programme Officer – Content and Training
Location: New Delhi, India
Employment type: Full time
WWF-India’s Environment Education division is a dynamic team whose work is geared towards facilitating real-world change. Our vision is to inform and empower children, youth, and citizens to take action and create impact for a sustainable planet. The team has an on-ground presence in 12 states. Through a variety of outreach and engagement initiatives across six education verticals, Team EE connects with students, educators, school leaders, college goers, young adults, professionals, and citizens around the country and offers well-researched, scientifically accurate and audience appropriate educational and training materials.
WWF-India’s Environment Education team is looking to recruit a qualified and experienced Senior Programme Officer – Content and Training for the Environment Education Division based out of New Delhi.
- To develop educational content and training materials, write and edit content for the team’s communications needs, and implement trainings for WWF-India’s Environment Education programmes.
- Content development: Researching and writing environment-themed content in different formats (learner resources, short online courses, educational articles, training modules, slide decks, video scripts, reports, press releases etc.)
- Content review and editing: Rigorous fact-checking against scientific papers/reports/ other credible sources; identifying errors, factual inaccuracies, issues with context or clarity in developed content.
- Communications: Writing articles, newsletters, social media posts, and content for other programme collaterals.
- Training: Conducting capacity-building training and programme orientations for students/educators/other audiences; capturing feedback from participants.
Identify and liaise with experts, consultants (writers, illustrators, designers) and internal stakeholders for content development and design and other support.
Any other work that may be assigned from time to time.
Desired qualifications and experience:
- A post graduate degree in Environment Science / Ecology / Wildlife Biology/ Life Sciences / Sustainability Studies / Education / Communications from a reputed university.
- A minimum experience of 4-5 years in writing and editing scientific content, developing educational modules and training materials, teaching or conducting workshops on-ground and online.
- Experience in the Educational Technology/Instructional Design space may be an advantage.
- Excellent English language skills, as most of the role involves writing and editing content in a variety of formats.
- A demonstrable ability to research and interpret scientific information on environmental issues and communicate on these themes.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- A demonstrable ability to create content to suit a variety of audiences.