Unilever MSc Mol Bio, Microbiology, Biotech Research Executive Job, Apply Online
Sr. Research Executive
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Date posted: 06/18/2023
Be part of the world’s most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that strive to improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us every day. Every day, nine out of ten Indian households use our products to feel good, look good and get more out of life – giving us a unique opportunity to build a brighter future. We promote innovation, big and small, to make our business win and grow; and we believe in business as a force for good. Our brilliant business leaders and colleagues provide mentorship and inspiration, so you can be at your best.
At HUL, we believe that every individual
irrespective of their race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, nationality, caste, disability or marital status can bring their purpose to life. So apply to us, to unleash your curiosity, challenge ideas and disrupt processes; use your energy to make the world a better place. As you work to make a real impact on the business and the world, we’ll work to help you become a better you!
We are looking to hire a Senior Research Associate – S&T in our Home Care team based in Bangalore:
The Hygiene team is involved in generating insights and delivering new technologies for delivering superior hygiene benefits through our products. One of the key thrust areas within the program is to build the Hygiene capabilities as well as identify and work on the big bet technologies for microbe control in hygiene (e.g., Probiotics), understanding the Mode of action of actives and prevention of odour to claim hygiene benefits.
This role will focus on acquiring and performing the following responsibilities:
- Candidate is expected to work in the laboratory to carry out “on the bench” experiments.
- Design, develop and validate new microbiological methods for evaluating Biotics based technologies.
- Understanding of regulatory tests (e.g., EN tests) in microbiology relevant to Home & Hygiene and Laundry and understanding of mode of action of actives from Biotics platform.
- Appreciation of molecular biology techniques and Omics (e.g., transcriptomics, metabolomics)
- Interpret data and communicate scientific results through technical reports and presentations.
- Identify and build understanding of the field of Probiotics in Home Care
Within Unilever R&D Bangalore
Outside Bangalore but within Unilever
- Across H&H team as well as Laundry Global Design teams
- Global Design teams in Mumbai, Casale and Port Sunlight
- 3P labs / external partners
- Interact with the project team to translate the insights to innovations to move the projects forward.
- Interact with 3P labs and external partners to carry out routine microbiological measurements and co-ordinate with them to ensure good data generation.
- M.Sc. in Microbiology / Biotechnology / Mol Bio / Omics
- 1-2 years research experience in Microbiology related projects gained either through industrial or academic research, preferably in above areas.
- Hands on experience in classical microbiology, biochemistry, method development and molecular biology preferred.
- Experience in data validation and documentation.
- Basic appreciation of statistics and data analysis tools.
- Sound knowledge in basic data processing software.
- Should be a team player and have good communication skills.
- Interested to develop knowledge and understanding of current and emerging analytical techniques.
- Very well organized, self-motivated, enthusiastic, and confident