TATA INSTITUTE OF FUNDAMENTAL RESEARCH
(Autonomous Institution of the Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India)
Sy.No.36/P, Gopanpally Village, Serilingampally Mandal, Ranga Reddy Dist.
Hyderabad–500046 Tel:+91(0) 4020203040 Website:www.tifrh.res.in
Advertisement No. 2023/06
Applications are invited for the following post tenable at Hyderabad.
Name of the Post – Project Scientific Assistant (B)
No. of Posts – 01 (Un-reserved)
Age Below: 28
How to Apply
The candidates must furnish an up-to-date CV and a MANDATORY one-page cover letter in which the candidates should describe their professional background and experience, their motivation for applying to this particular position and in which terms they consider fit for this job.
- The above post is tenable at TIFR, Hyderabad.
- The appointment to the above post is temporary for one year and may be renewed each
year upto a total period of three years depending upon performance and requirement.
- Selected candidates for the above post will be required to work on Saturday/ Sundays
and holidays, as per the exigencies of the Institute.
- Prescribed age should not exceed as on July 01, 2023 for the above post.
- SC/ST/OBC/EWS/PwBD candidates can also apply for the above post – general category(Unreserved).
- Application from the candidates will be accepted ONLINE ONLY (https://www.tifrh.res.in/index.php/staff-positions/) except for the following:-
i. Candidates applying for the above post and who are eligible for further age
relaxation as per extant GOI rules are required to submit applications by POST, along
with a copy of the relevant certificate in support of age relaxation (for example ex-servicemen, persons with benchmark disabilities etc.).[SC, ST, OBC& EWS candidates
applying for unreserved posts are not eligible for age relaxation and should apply online.
ii. Applicants in Government/ Semi-Government/ Public Sector Undertaking must apply
through the proper channel. Applicants who do not send their applications through the proper channel, if called, will be able to participate in the recruitment process only upon
submission of a NOC from the competent authority. However, an advance copy of
the application along with relevant enclosures may be submitted by post.
- Incomplete applications (online) and offline applications without a photocopy of certificate in support of age relaxation and applications received after the last date shall not be considered.
- On-Line applications must be submitted by 11th August 2023 and applications by post [who are required to send by post as per para 6 (i) & 6 (ii)] must reach the Administrative Officer, TataInstitute of Fundamental Research, Survey No. 36/P, Gopanpally Village, Serilingampally Mandal, Ranga Reddy District, Hyderabad 500046, by 11th August 2023 Applicants who are required to send the applications by post must super scribe the post applied for, advertisement No. on the envelope. The format of the application is as prescribed for on-line applications.
- The candidates are required to produce following original documents with copies at the
time of recruitment process:
a) Print out of online application form.
b) Identity Proof (Aadhaar Card/ Election Card/ PAN Card/ Passport/ Driving License).
c) Date of birth/ Proof of age.
d) Educational Qualification (all mark sheets and certificates).
Incase Universities/ Board award letter grades/ CGPA/ OGPA, the same will have to be
indicated as equivalent percentage of marks as per the norms adopted by the
University/ Board. In the absence of the same, the candidature will not be considered.
While submittingoriginal documents for verification, the candidates will have to produce
the norms of the University/ Board for conversion of grades /CGPA /OGPA to equivalent
percentage of marks.
e) Experience certificate/s.
f) Conduct certificates from two respectable persons.
g) SC/ST/OBC/EWS & PwBD certificate (wherever applicable) in the Government of India
h) Latest CV
i)One page covering letter describing their past experience, CV and contact details of two references or two reference letters to verify prior work experience.
- (a) Outstation candidates called for recruitment process for the above post will be paid
single second class (non-air conditioned) return train fare for the journey by the
shortest route from the nearest railway station of their place of residence on the
production of photocopies of onward and return journey tickets
(b) If you travel by air, you are required to purchase air tickets ONLY from 1) M/s. Balmer Lawrie& Company Limited (BLCL) 2) M/s. Ashok Travels & Tours (ATT) 3) Indian
Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd.(IRCTC). BOOKING THROUGH THE
WEBSITE OF AIRLINES IS NOT ALLOWED. The air-fare for such candidates will be
restricted to the eligible return train fareon production of tickets and boarding passes.
- The Institute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for the recruitment
process to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than
the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Mere fulfilling the essential and desirable
qualificationsand experience will not entitle an applicant to be called for the recruitment
process. More vacancies may also be filled through this advertisement. The Institute
reserves the right not to fillany/ some posts here in advertised. Canvassing in any form
shall disqualify the candidate.
- Before applying for the post, the candidate should ensure that they fulfil the eligibility and other criteria. Recruitment authorities would be free to reject application not fulfilling the requisite criteria, at any stage of recruitment, and if erroneously appointed, such candidates shall be liableto be terminated from service if appointed.
- The institute reserves the right to conduct written tests, skill tests, interviews etc. online/inperson.
- If you are facing any difficulty while applying through online, please
write to [email protected] giving a brief nature of the difficulty you are facing.
Essential Qualification: Full-time Science Graduate in Chemistry, Biology or Pharmacy with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate.
- Routine operation of liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LCMS/LCMSMS) which includes regular tuning and calibration of the mass spectrometer. Ability to plan, execute, troubleshoot, and resolve technical issues related to Mass spectrometry. Assist with mass spectrometry method development and validation.
- Hands-on experience in metabolite extraction from different types of samples e.g. tissues, cells or serum. Data acquisition, data analysis using MS-software and interpretation of data. Provide assistance to laboratory personnel analysing and interpreting mass spectrometry data. Sample preparation for IRMS, acquisition and data analysis.
- Develop and maintain expertise in analysis software and metabolite databases related to mass spectrometry data analysis and processing. Analyse quantitative and qualitative data from mass spectrometers with high attention to detail. Perform statistical analysis. Develop expertise in data representation.
- Online and offline record keeping of samples available for analysis, samples processed and data storage. Keeping notes of mass spectrometry maintenance, troubleshooting, ordering and replacement of mass spectrometry accessories.
Pay Level & Pay Stage: Rs.55,600/- consolidated pay
TME: Rs.55,600/- consolidated pay (including HRA of Rs.8,602/-)