Project Jobs at IISER Tirupati – MSc Biotech, Biochem & Life Sciences Apply
Advertisement No.: 22/2023
Recruitment for the post of “Project Associate-I” under project funded by
Ramalingaswani Re-entry Fellowship, Department of Biotechnology, GOI
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Tirupati is a premier autonomous Institution established by the Ministry of Education, Government of India, for the promotion of high-quality science education and research in the country.
The Institute invites applications from Indian nationals for the following position on a contract basis:
Job Name – Project Associate- I
Number of posts – 01
Project Name – Systems-level understanding of the specificity of interactions and molecular functions of intrinsically disordered proteins.
Funding Agency – Ramalingaswami Re-entry Fellowship funded by
the Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India
Name of the PI – Dr. Sreenivas Chavali
Tenure – The position is temporary and renewable. The contract will be for a period of six months. The position is co-terminus with the project.
How to Apply –
- Applicants should send their application by email addressed to [email protected] attaching duly filled application form available below this advt. (convert into PDF) on or before the last date i.e., 27 June 2023 by 5.00 PM and attend the in-person Walk-in-interview on 28 June 2023 9:30 AM onwards. Please mention the name of the Post in the subject line. No other application form will be accepted.
- The shortlisted candidates (only) will be notified by email for an interview. No separate email/call letter will be issued.
- The print-out of the application form sent by email signed and dated by the applicant along with a recent passport-size photograph and photocopies of relevant certificates and other testimonials in support of age, qualification, experience, etc. would be collected at the time of the interview (in case of a physical interview). Applicant must bring all the original certificates at the time of interview for verification, along with one set of photocopies.
- Last date: 27 June 2023
Walk-in-interview: 28 June 2023
- Interview Venue: Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Tirupati Transit campus: Opposite Sree Rama Engineering College, Karakambadi Road, Mangalam, Tirupati-517501, Andhra Pradesh.
GENERAL INFORMATION / DETAILS ABOUT THE POST
- The appointment is purely temporary and will terminate automatically without any notice or compensation on the termination of the research project.
- The appointed person shall have no claim of appointment/absorption in the Funding Agency or in IISER Tirupati.
- The appointment of the applicant will be governed by the terms and conditions of the funding agency particularly applicable to the said project.
- The qualification prescribed should have been obtained from recognized Universities /
- The prescribed educational qualifications are the bare minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for an interview. Where the number of applications received in response to this advertisement is large, it will not be convenient or possible to interview all the candidates. Based on the recommendations of the Screening Committee, the Project Leader may restrict the number of candidates for the interview to a reasonable limit after taking into consideration qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Therefore, it will be in the interest of the candidates, to mention all their qualifications and experience in the relevant field at the time of applying.
- No TA/DA will be admissible for appearing for the interview.
- Selected candidates will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
- No interim enquiries/correspondence/communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter.
- Canvassing in any form and/or bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification for the post applied for.
- The candidate selected for this position can also apply for the regular PhD program of IISER Tirupati, provided they satisfy the eligibility criteria.
Essential: Master’s degree in Biotechnology/Life Sciences/Biochemistry/ or any equivalent discipline with a minimum of 55% marks.
- Qualified CSIR – NET (Life Sciences)/ LS / GATE (Life Sciences) / National Level Test conducted by CentralGovt. Depts.
- Candidate with experience in Computational Biology, especially Molecular evolution and/or Systems-level analysis with programming skills in Python and/or R will be preferred.
Fellowship – Rs. 25000/- + 8% HRA per month (Consolidated)