Locations : Zahura , India
- Ensuring World Class Plant Protection Standards are being maintained at the facility (Tissue Culture Lab; Green Houses & Cold Store)
- Ensure Long term & Short-term testing of Potato Germplasm by periodic evaluation by DNA finger printing (PCR/RT PCR) and virus tests via ELISA of all the clones to maintain genetic purity and health.
- Ensuring proper evaluations of all disease samples & Genetic Purity from facility as well as seed production & commercial fields from different potato geographies.
- Ensure disease free environment by implementing sanitation protocol in all operational area of mini-tuber production viz., TC Lab, Hardening Chamber, Green Houses & Cold store.
Ensuring world class Plant Protection Standards are being maintained at the facility (TC Lab, Harding Chamber, Green Houses & Cold Store.
- Execute Protocols and SOPs of Plant Protection inside Tissue Culture Lab; Hardening; Green Houses & Cold Store.
- To maintain high quality storage conditions and ensure that harvest from each variety is stored at proper conditions
Ensure Long term & Short-term conservation of germplasm by periodic DNA finger printing and virus tests via PCR/RT PCR & ELISA of all the clones to maintain genetic purity and health.
- Coordinating with CPRI for DNA Finger Printing & ELISA testing of in-vitro plantlets (germplasm) & different stages of mass multiplication as per protocol & SOP.
- In-house PCR / RT PCR testing of germplasm; sub-cultures & in-vitro plantlets in TC Lab, Hardening Chamber & Green Houses.
Ensuring proper evaluations of all disease samples from facility as well as seed production & commercial fields from different potato geographies:
- Sample collection from Hardening; Green House & commercial field for disease identifications with help of latest pathological tools & techniques.
- Recommendation on the basis identification & MIC technique.
- Analyze results and report submission
Contributing towards effectiveness of own department:
- Participating actively in team meetings to analyze short falls, problems, concern areas with others and developing action plans.
- Implementing training programs for facility & commercial teams on Genetic Purity & Disease identification & Management.
- Understanding, supporting, and resolving problems of team members
- Developing and maintaining service orientation in the department
- Providing inputs to the manager in developing the AOP.
Learning continuously and upgrading own abilities:
- Seeking feedback from team members and seniors.
- Reflecting on own competencies and possible gaps.
- Setting learning goals
- Monitoring implementation of these goals
- Continuously updating knowledge from external environment.
Key Skills/Experience Required
- Education: MSc (Ag), Plant Pathology/Biotechnology or PhD in same discipline.
- Functional Experience: Approx 3-5 years of Lab/Field experience on crop protection research.
- Language: English, Hindi & Punjabi.
- Experience of dealing with Research institutes & SAU.