Online QC Executive Job at Pepsi, Apply Online
Location: Kosi, India
Department: Supply Chain
Relocation Eligible: Yes – Standard
- Ensuring best quality of product and minimum customer complaints through stringent on-line quality control checks and finished product inspection
- Implementing right quality control systems/standards for the processes, physical systems and environment.
- Trouble shooting during online production to minimize wastage and ensure quality.
- Responsible for maintaining GMP, GHK GLP and internal / external audits (HACCP, AIB, Personal Hygiene, Process audit)
- Root cause and failure analysis for quality defects and implementation of the corrective actions.
Ensuring that the quality of potatoes issued for production is as per the standard specifications
- Frying the sample and conducting COOK Test for checking various factors like % of undesirable color, internal defects, greening percentage etc.
- Providing status report to the Agro Department and indicating the number of pickers that will be needed for the particular lot (whose responsibility)
- Deciding whether the lot should be accepted or rejected
- Conducting similar Cook’s Test after every 15 days and whenever required for the potatoes stored in the warehouses under long term storage
Conducting online quality checks in the process area to ensure that all FLI standards of quality are followed during the production process
- Conducting visual inspection for;
- Ensuring that all key operating parameters of machines are in the specified range
- (Peelers, Fryers, Slicer for thickness average and range, Chip Conveyors, Seasoning Tumbler)
- Ensuring after every hour that the potatoes in the trim and pare area are properly peeled
- Checking slice thickness and free surface moisture after every 4 hours
- Deciding whether to introduce anti-foaming agent in the process
- Recording the dwell time from the operator’s logbook after every 4 hours
- Checking the level of seasoning applied
- Conducting analytical tests for:-
a. Deciding whether blanching is required – Hunter Color Test
b. Ensuring optimum utilization of fryer oil
- Conducting 4 hourly checks on oil being used for frying for FFA, OV, PV, foreign materials, taste, odor and specific gravity
- Comparing test results against gold standards oil usage charts
- Deciding the mix of fresh and blended oil to be used for frying operations
c. Checking the fried chips after every hour for TPD parameters like PA, percentage oil in the chip, % of soft centered chips, blisters, dark flakes, clusters etc.
d. Measuring parameters like bulk density, moisture, seasoning and dimension for Non-PC products
a. Providing feedback to operators on corrective actions that can be taken for rectifying small problems
b. Communicating to the shift in-charge the number of pickers needed for the process area on the basis of online checks
c. Asking the agro department to change the potato lot in case there are no pickers and the number of potato defects are large
d. Communicating concern areas and corrective actions to the concerned shift in-charge and production manager promptly
e. Informing the Quality Manager in case test results indicate a crisis situation, who will then conduct a compete trial run of that lot of potato to take an appropriate decision
- Tech ( Food Tech)
- Exposure to food safety systems and ISO systems / 3 to 5 years.
- Preferably Knowledge of HACCP/AIB and TPM.
Keywords: Pepsi, Online QC Executive, Job, Food Technology, Apply Online. Online QC Executive Job at Pepsi, Apply Online. Please ensure you are subscribed to the Getmicrobiologyjobs Times Newsletter and our YouTube channel to be notified of the latest industry news. Follow us on social media like Twitter, Telegram, Facebook